RPG Forums Online

A Participation Club (Everyone's Opinion/Input welcome)

This guild is for all the new members to hang out and get to know the site. The mods and members are happy to help get you started in RPs and help you feel welcome on this site.

Moderators: Duisternis, Train_of_Thought, Shewolf13, Sammy

Libitinarius
Scout
Scout

A Participation Club (Everyone's Opinion/Input welcome)

Postby Libitinarius » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 am

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to throw this idea out there again, though it may be unrealistic, so if it fails to draw interest it's understandable.

Step 1: The club would need at least 2 members in the beginning.
Step 2: When someone is struggling to draw participants to their RP, they could come to the thread of our club, where they basically say, "I'm in need of your help. I really need players to get my RP off the ground and running!"
Step 3: The club would oblige the GM for the first 2 weeks (Some realistic time frame/Set length of pages?)
Step 4: The GM that sought the club's help would be listed under the club thread, sort of like the thread SheWolf started for mentoring with writing... she checks off a member after helping them and then moves on to the next person in the cue.
Step 5: A member would be listed in our club as "helped" after we reached the said deadline in our rules to jump-start their RP, it would invoke the time-frame clause that would state something like: In order for us to continue helping, we need you to donate your services to the next potential seeker of participants. Otherwise we reserve the right to end our contribution to your RP. The list would serve as a contract, binding the person to being helped and in return donating their time to help someone else.

It's an imperfect idea, people will most likely argue that no one can guarantee to help the next person, because they won't have said interest in any given RP, or that their schedule changed, so on. That's sort of the challenge to this club, and why it would require an assortment of people willing to dedicate a small fraction of time (RPing in something they may not prefer).

Still, I have never seen an RP site that could guarantee someone's RP would get attention regardless of how imperfect. Sure some ideas will be beyond the scope of our ability, and some people will lack the follow through to come back and help us in the future, after we assist them.
But those types of people could be blacklisted from the club.

Only foreseeable problem I haven't thought of a solution for: What's to stop a user from making a creeper account and abusing the group by requesting another RP? I know there would have to be some type of questionnaire or mechanism that would discourage this type of dishonesty. That way the club could ensure everyone gets a fair shot at seeing their vision come to fruition.

Thoughts... negative & positive welcome.
schizophrenicgamer
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby schizophrenicgamer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Well, the creeper would have to use an alternate IP address...

This an Excellent idea, I'm down.
Thx Libitinarius
"Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later."

I am the blank poster! EPICNESS!
SneekySapper
Scout
Scout

Postby SneekySapper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I actually really like this idea. Along with helping others get their RP started it will also introduce people to some potential epic RPs. It would also give me something to do while waiting for posts. I'm in.
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Really like this idea, Lib!
<center>

Fancy a drink? Drop by The Blue Planet - we're always open!
Libitinarius
Scout
Scout

Postby Libitinarius » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Wow, never expected this to get this much feedback! :)

Going to catchup in the RP's I am in today, and then I'll start putting more thought about how to start this thread?

Thanks so much!
Shewolf13

Postby Shewolf13 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Lib, let me know when you want to get your club thread started because then I'll make it a sticky for the NSG here ^^ How's that sound? Also, if you need help with formatting and what not, I'd be glad to help with that as well. I don't know about actually being a part of the club, mainly because of time reasons, but I can help out with other things ^^
Sig by Wadj!
Hey guys! Vote for the Quarterly Quill Awards!
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Great idea Lib.
<center>Image
You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Libitinarius
Scout
Scout

Postby Libitinarius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 am

Sounds great wolfie, and thanks Gideon!

Looks like I might be moving without my girlfriend to Sacramento, she's been weird lately... which is part of my delay today, sorry.

Back to the chopping board as I get these RPs done!

Thought though: Schizo and I have been talking via Skype, I want to dedicate the first club RP toward his idea? He's been a solid member around here, very active and very flexible! In my book, he's member of year. :P
schizophrenicgamer
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby schizophrenicgamer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

Libitinarius wrote:Sounds great wolfie, and thanks Gideon!

Looks like I might be moving without my girlfriend to Sacramento, she's been weird lately... which is part of my delay today, sorry.

Back to the chopping board as I get these RPs done!

Thought though: Schizo and I have been talking via Skype, I want to dedicate the first club RP toward his idea? He's been a solid member around here, very active and very flexible! In my book, he's member of year. :P

You might be alone on that vote.

But yeah, as a Mature RP idea would it be smart as our first attempt? It would be for a select audience, and wouldn't garner much interest. Or do you think otherwise?

Thx Libitinarius

Libitinarius
Scout
Scout

Postby Libitinarius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 am

Didn't consider the mature part, but as for the writing part. That's a lie Schizo, one of the moderator's brought you up the other night. We're all really impressed with your work. Guess we'll worry about organizing the thing first.
schizophrenicgamer
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby schizophrenicgamer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 am

Well, thanks for the show of support, Lib, i appreciate it.

My RP is about a Maximum security prison for the supernatural. It will be in a completely made up world, it will be a cross between the RL human world I.E. technology, and a totally different type of landscape/cities/dimension. I haven't got all the ideas, because i never thought I'd pass the bar with Ant. (I almost didn't)

The plot will be (However many join) are wrongfully imprisoned Supernatural creatures. (Humans are in the story. Though if you create one you'll have to explain why he got to be powerful enough to be put there." And we have to stage a Riot and try to break out.

That's what i got so far.

Thx Libitinarius

SneekySapper
Scout
Scout

Postby SneekySapper » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I'd love to join up Schizo but I don't have access to the mature section yet, sadly.
Libitinarius
Scout
Scout

Postby Libitinarius » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Being it's mature, we'll need to keep that separate from the club idea (while we lack the mature access club base?)
I am also thinking that we should make up some type of formal plot layout to qualify for club consideration:

Synopsis:
CS layout:
CS from GM:

Keep it to newer individuals that want to start an RP, but lack the support to get it off the ground? I'll make what I just specified above a bit more specific, so newer members don't get confused. But I would also like to leave room for older members who feel their ideas aren't payed attention to?

I am down to join the RP if you post up an OOC in the mature section Schizo. If you need help with the plot, you can continue to communicate with me via Skype or PM. Or just start the idea in the Non-genre and we'll hash it out before moving the thread to a Mature OOC?

Sorry for the delay. ;)

Return to “Newbie Support Guild”