RPG Forums Online

Age of Steel OOC (Closed/Trad. Fantasy/post apocalypse)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 am

My CS:

[spoiler]
Name: Fingol Fin

Nickname: Fin

Squad secondary Position: Infiltrator and advanced scout.

Skill or mutation: Extreme core-muscle strength.

Physical Description: Fingol stands 1.69 metres tall and weighs a muscularly compressed 70 kilos. His body is seemingly skinny, though under the clothes one would find that that is not quite the truth. Both rigorous physical conditioning and apparent genetic mutation gave him a deeply compressed build, and one that didn't prevent flexibility. He is extremely athletic and is able to perform great feats of strength, balance and endurance.

Fin's skin is a slightly tanned light-brown, though his short hair and beard are a ginger-blonde. He is neat about his body hair, keeping all the regions on which his hair grows shaved, except for his beard and head hair, which never bother him. His eyes are a bright blue-grey, given his ancestry from darker regions of the earth. His face sports long and sharp features, with high cheekbones, long jaw and higher-than-average hairline, making his appearance, to some, slightly unattractive.

Personality: Fingol isn't entirely social. Though he shares the aspirations and goals of the Order, the wide-eyed, barely-blinking, empty look in his eyes would dissuade some people from thinking he has any aspirations at all. Simply speaking, Fingol suffers from one or some social disorders, making him seem more or less unhinged and loose in the head. Though that isn't the case, he does not seem to care enough to prove the idea wrong. When he does deem it necessary to speak, he is usually blunt with his thoughts, almost never filtering what he says. Whether it is indifference to the consequences of his words or a difficulty to understand what is socially acceptable to say is arguable. Most people aren't comfortable to be around him anyway.

Short Bio: A large chunk of his childhood had Fingol suffering from his disorder. The children living in his neighbourhood in Los Angeles were too cruel and lacking in understanding of his problems to give him an easy time. He was often beat by groups of children who either found his stares off-putting, his words too blunt or his bulky, misshapen body a reason to beat him. He often felt less of the strikes than the people around him thought he did. Even then his body was thick with muscles, though at those early ages it seemed more awkward than formidable. He used to look like a fat child, except that the baby fat were replaced by bulging ropes of flesh. So he took the fists and kicks of the children, cowering and crying all the while until they left and turned somewhere else for amusement. Usually afterwords he'd find his way to the side of the building in which his parents lived, climb the old scaffolding to the roof and sit there, drying his tears. The height always made him feel safe.

Though many things happened through the years, such as his mother falling ill and his sister dying of a fever, what Fingol would always remember as a turning point in his early years was when he learned to hit back. He was eleven or twelve when he swung his fist for the first time. He never imagined the physical consequences of returning a hit, and he gave one of his rare smiles, a show of extreme glee in the young boy, to whom emotions were hard to express. The boy he struck fell to the sandy ground with a bruised cheek and a cracked nose. The expression the boy had was of shock, as for years Fin had been the local punching bag. Fingol needed quite a few more shows of violence before people understood that he had evolved.

His decision to join the Order was simple in his eyes. To his emotionally-dull yet calculative mind, moral and emotional dilemmas were either very simple or extremely difficult to solve. For him, the decision to venture outside the bounds of civilization, outside Los Angeles, was the former kind. He had watched the rolling desert plains and hill tops and forests and even the far mountains many times from the top of his home's building, and though he knew that farmers and merchants go there often, still there were some people who went even farther then that. Talks of lands beyond the islands of California, wild and untamed, have captivated him, which in itself was a rare feat. He was fifteen when he decided to leave his home, to the surprise and dismay of his parents and venture out to the island base of the Order of Arda. It wasn't long before the young man managed to steal enough money and valuables to be able to board a ship to Santa Cruz.

It was strange to Fin how quickly the Order took him in for training. In Los Angeles, every one knew him as the older version of the slobbering, socially-defunct boy. Here, he was an eccentric, quiet young man. He understood that the quieter and unobtrusive he became the lower the chance of the instructors of the Order to sniff out his problems. By that age he was fully aware of his disability, and accepted it as part of himself. And so with that change of personality, his stoicism became mystery, and with the rough training in the Military Academy of the Order, he became powerful. The teens with him shied away from him, which was dramatically better than them looking down on him or beating him. After those long years of his strange, chubby-looking form, he conditioned himself into a lean, muscular man. Through the training, he also found himself able to perform incredible feats of strength, ones that even veteran instructors were amazed to see. He'd hold himself parallel to the ground with only his hands, and push himself up and down. He'd carry and lift weights that would crush other men of his size. When he was seventeen (or so he assumes) he was directed to be a scout, his physical form and athletic skills much more fitting these elite. He then trained with them to travel unseen and untraced through the wilderness, to battle quickly and lethally in skirmishes, and most importantly, to survive where other wouldn't.

For over ten years after he finished in his instructing, Fingol was still rooting out bandits. He wasn't famous for it, but he was one of the best. Laying in ambush or sneaking into enemy camps were his speciality. When one day, though, as he and his skirmish party were commanded to go attack a nearby encampment of highwaymen, he was told to infiltrate the camp and assassinate the enemy leader before the actual attack. And so he did, for the most part. He slipped past sentries unnoticed, and even took down a hidden crossbowman with his sling. He entered the brigands' leader's tent, though he was took by surprise. The highwayman was honing his sword, and needed no time to unsheathe it. He was skilled, too, and though eventually he fell to Fignol's small blades, the scout took a cut in his hamstring that left him partially neutralized. He was sent back to the Los Angeles Headquarters of the Order to heal, and when his recovery was almost complete he was given another task altogether.

Equipment: Fingol has a small array of weapons which he carries at all times. For ranged encounters, though he is also proficient with bows, crossbows and even the arcane atlatl, he prefers the sling, which ammunition is vastly easier to reproduce in the wild, and is effective with it to hit and at least maim an unarmoured target at ranges of over 400 metres. In shorter ranges, Fingol wears a small number of both darts and throwing knives, and carries about half a dozen of each. In close-quarters, though, Fingol shifts either to his kopis, his stiletto or his two karambits, depending on the situation.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by AtreusCore on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big thanks to Gid for the set! :D
Riter
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Riter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

If this rpg is still open for other chars,i would like to make a CS.
Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:09 am

Alright, My CS is up and I'll start writing the first post, I will have it up tomorrow, but i'll see if anyone else joins by then.
The internet giveth, and the internet taketh away.
Hollowlce
Traveller
Traveller

Postby Hollowlce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 pm

[spoiler]

Name: Luke Snow

Nickname: Snow

Squad secondary Position: Heavy Assault. Luke has advanced combat training in S.C.A.R.S and Karav Maga. Both are extremely hostile martial arts designed to cripple the enemy (S.C.A.R.S) and to never back away from an enemy and continue to fight towards them. Martial arts are rare and have almost religious following of which Luke learned from people within the order as he was raised there and their militaristic styles.

Skill or mutation: Extreme reaction time. This means Luke can see the world in slow mo for 10 seconds before having to wait 10 minutes before being able to do so again. However this can mean he can deliver deadly combos or run really fast before his foes and register where or what he is doing.

Physical Description:
Luke is 5 ft 9 and has a large muscular build. He is incredibly muscular from his intense training and missions. He is darkly tanned. He has multiple scars on his hands and feet. He has long shaggy hair which is tied up and concealed with in his orders clothing.
Hair Color: brown

Eye Color: Blue

Personality: Luke has very little of a personality as he has a very clear black and white view on the world and how it should be and how it shouldn't be. This is mostly due to the orders training but he also has high moral standards which he will keep at all cost unless their is not other solution. He is brave and up afraid of death or defeat. He will not back down even if knocked down and when corned into a walk so to speak he pushes right off it and come out swinging. He only one fear and that is of himself not being able to protect others.

Short Bio:
Luke is an orphan and knows nothing of his parents and like wise no one know so his parents ether. However this never bothered Luke as he was orphaned at birth so never had any parents so to speak for it to bother him. He was adopted by the order as soon as he could walk. Since that day he was made to train in harsh combat training. He struggled at first but showed remarkable talent when compared with other his own age. Soon Luke was advanced to combat training on his peers and showed superior combat prowess witch was keenly followed by the head combat trainer within the order. Not so long after Luke had piqued the head combat trainers attention was he sent to private lessons by advanced combat scout within the order. By the time he was 16 Luke had mastered Krav Maga and S.C.A.R.S and surpassed his trainers.

Soon Luke was sent into many mission where it was discovered that he was a formidable back up plan if infiltrator scouts could not do their job successfully or if his squad needed an escape. Luke would single hardly hold of multiple attackers why his fellow squad members escaped or covered him from a distance. However during one of these such mission it was discovered because of his large bulky body that he could not move silently and would create a lot of noise and was generally quite noisy so was incredibly bad at sneaking in and around dangerous places which is the main job of an order scout. Nether the less because of his extreme combat proficiency he would go along and hang back with the scouts archers so that if he was needed to hold off an enemy or eliminate a particular powerful foe he was there. For even if there are few Heavy assault members of the order they are not to be taken likely as they are so e of the fiercest and strongest people you will meet. This made Luke the perfect candidate when the order needed a well rounded scout team which could handle any problem and he was assigned to this squad with no information as to what the mission would be.

Equipment:Luke has rare body armour witch is capable of stopping even rare bullets which he wares under his hooded cloak. However this does mean that Luke is slower at running. He also has a combat knife if ever need but prefers to use his hands or feet to fight of opponents however he is still proffiencient at using his combat knife and is relatively accurate at throwing it. [/spoiler]
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm

It's Krav Maga, Hollowice, not Karav Maga. I'm somewhat doubtful that both Krav Maga and SCARS would survive whatever happened in this apocalypse, though. :P

Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 am

I've been thinking it would be great if we make this a mature RP instead, would anyone be against that?
Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am

I'm for it. Makes things a bit easier on the whole 'violence' front.
Hollowlce
Traveller
Traveller

Postby Hollowlce » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 am

Wouldn't be able to play then and lately all the good role plays have been mature and I can't even read them.
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:51 am

I'm always up for the RP to be mature, even if it's a Pokemon RP. xD So yeah, go for it.

Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:18 am

IC link is here!

So, it should be pretty obvious were your first post should end at. If not, or you want to try something different, shoot a PM and we will sort this stuff out.IC
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am

I've already started on my post, but it's going to be this evening or tomorrow morning when I manage to finish and a post it.

Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:29 am

Haven't forgotten about this! School's been fun.

I'll be posting sometime this weekend, Dark.
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Sorry for the delay, I've been quite hectic lately. I've been waking circa 7 AM every day for the last five days, then coming back around midnight to one o'clock in the morning. I'll be finishing up my post soon.

Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 pm

It's cool guys. Like I said, I haven't written on here for a long while, It's cool if we take it nice and slow, like a good stack of bbq ribs...wait, what?
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Yay! Post~ x3

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Hellloooooo? :O Is anybody hooome? *echo*

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm guessing this isn't going to work out, eh?

Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Gahhh. I won a trip on the radio for a week in vegas, went, and then had to come back and catch up on my homework and tests. It was well worth it, though!! :D

However, I'm back now and reading the IC posts that may have happened while I was away and will post accordingly.
Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Oh man. I love the attitudes of both Fin and Rickon. Posting now!!
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Great, I thought this might die. :D And thanks, Atky. :P

Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:11 pm

You're more than welcome, man. Sorry to let down your spirits! I've just posted. So excited!
Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Huh? What? Oh, awesome, this is great morning news. Also, why can't I ever win any trips to Vegas?
Atkeisson_Raskivey
-Guardian-Angel-

Postby Atkeisson_Raskivey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Agreed. Man, I NEVER win radio contests. Ever. Was beginning to think they were all staged. But not this one :D
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:08 am

What about Peek_A_Boo, though? Is she still on? o.o

Darkscythe
Anti-citizen One

Postby Darkscythe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:12 am

She hasn't been on since October 9th, so that's a big fat no. At this point I say it could just be us three with maybe one or two npc scouts that we could take turns controlling, would you homies be cool with that?

Return to “OOC”