AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 am

Ooooh, can't wait to start guys!

Big thanks to Gid for the set! :D
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 am

I think we're good to go :) I'll throw up the IC thread in the next couple of hours.... Hopefully before tomorrow, provided I finish my work.
<center>Image
You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am

Hi boys, sorry that there was the delay. I'll be posting in the next hour. It'll just give you an overview of the time, the city and your ludus. It'll be the start of the day at the commencement of training, so you'll just be going through your paces, waiting to see who will be chosen for the upcoming games.
<center>Image

You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:43 am

IC is up here so head on over and just give a quick introductory post. Introduce your characters training style, weaponry and establish his personality.

I'll also post images of some of the other gladiators and servants you'll encounter. Yes, some will be stolen from Spartacus. Don't judge.
<center>Image

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:40 am

Couple of points that I realised I didn't cover after I read AC's post. (please don't change AC, it's all good)

* You will only train with wooden weapons, which you will not be allowed to keep with you. Your own, proper weaponry is stored securely.

* You are all roused at the same time and train together, though initially I don't see a problem in you guys doing your own thing before structured training begins with the Doctore.

* The guards won't all get along with you guys. Some will like you, some will think you are simply entertaining pets and will treat you like shit. You can be executed for interfering with a guard.

* Relationships between Gladiators vary between absolute enemies and lovers (remember, homosexuality was common) so feel free to establish imaginary gladitors to be buddies or enemies with. Just post up a pic for us, if you plan on making a regular secondary character.

* Gladiators can have wives. Unless you came into the Ludus with a wife, you probably would not marry unless you are given a wife. She would probably be a slave within the House of Achillius. But the sanctity of marriage is not always protected by your Dominus and Domina. If you're instructed to entertain someone else, if you get my meaning, you're expected to do so or face punishment.

* Gladiators generally share their cells with someone else, though if you have gained favour with the Dominus, you will be rewarded with a private room.

* You will all bathe together at the end of the day, in communal baths beneath the Ludus. You can request a bath in your room and if you Dominus is kind, or you have pleased him, he may allow it.

* When you are purchased by Quintus, you would have been tattooed with his mark. When you pass your training as a gladitor you are branded with a "B" shaped mark. For Brotherhood.
Last edited by Gideon on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:44 am

Well, damn. Now I have to change it.

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:45 am

No no, you don't tiger. Quintus would favour you.
<center>Image

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 am

The honour of being Champion are always served with additional benefits others don't get to share in often. ;)
<center>Image
Many thanks to Merxiel for the set.
You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 am

Neh. I'd like to make it more in line with realism. I'll get it back up soon.

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 am

Exactly Ant. Which is why everyone wants to be champion.

The "a" letter here is what you would be tattooed with.

<center>Image

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:55 am

Thank ye kindly for that. :)
<center>Image

Many thanks to Merxiel for the set.
You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:58 am

I feel bad AC. I should have written it up sooner :( You would be shown more favour and leniency if you were a great fighter though.
<center>Image

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:38 am

Don't feel bad, Gid, my new post is actually coming along much better than the original. And I have kept some 'special' allowances for Mok, since he's favoured: he can bar his door for privacy, for instance. But I do think that perhaps allowiing him his own swords might just be a bad idea because of a few things: A, Seg' uleh take almost any eye-contact, stare, aggressive behaviour or even something as simple as a touch as an insult or challenge, so him walking around with real and sharp swords might be too lethal; and B, the Dominus might favour Mok, but if I were him I would also be a little afraid or at least skeptical about him since he walks around with a creepy mask, barely ever speaks and barely anything is known about him. So don't worry everything is fine. :D

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:51 am

Cool. Just remember, he would need to at least address Dominus politely or be killed xxx
<center>Image

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:58 am

Yep, I'll remember that. Anyway, the post is up. You'll probably notice the quality is higher this time round. I seem to be able to write better in the middle of the night and when I'm tired.

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Alrighty then.... sorry about the short absence everyone. Got a promotion at work, and its been a nightmare getting everything straightened out that the person before me screwed up before they left.

Its finally settling down though, and I had an easy day today, so I'll get a post up tonight, and get a more detailed background setup for you Gideon.

Sorry again about the delay.

"The Closer you are to the light, the Larger your shadow becomes."
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:28 pm

All good Foxy, just stoked to have you :) Congrats on your promotion btw.
<center>Image

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:17 am

Thanks Gideon dear. Its been pretty crazy so far, but at least the pay is better.

Didn't make it to this game tonight. Got called into work and only managed to get up my post for Ant's Olympus game.

I'll get this one up tomorrow night. Sorry.

"The Closer you are to the light, the Larger your shadow becomes."
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 am

Oops, didn't notice I double posted my post there.

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm

All good boys. I'll chuck a post up tomorrow afternoon. I'm a bit crook at the moment :(
<center>Image

schizophrenicgamer
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby schizophrenicgamer » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Gideon.. is this RP still open? I'd been waiting for Rossi's version, and didn't know about this one. I would love to get in on this if at all possible.
Thx Libitinarius
"Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later."

I am the blank poster! EPICNESS!
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 am

Will get my post up on saturday after I get home! apologies for the delay. Haven't beeno n the computer much this week. At work during the day but the forums are blocked by my work's proxy.

Out of town tomorrow night but will be home saturday. Thanks for your patience!
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:05 am

Hey Schizo. Not at the moment. As the story progresses though we will need more players. I can PM you when that occurs?
<center>Image

schizophrenicgamer
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby schizophrenicgamer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Most definitely.. I have a gladiator cs waitin that i can use. Until than i'm lurking

Thx Libitinarius

"Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later."

I am the blank poster! EPICNESS!

Return to “OOC”