RPG Forums Online

Blairsden School of Witchcraft (Open-2-3 more players)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

Kindredtown
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kindredtown » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:03 am

There isn't a necessary posting order. It just depends, really.

Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Epic Set by The Kiry
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 am

It really doesn't matter as long as you are either with the group in the hall or with the group at the Headmistress' office. One way or another everyone will be brought together.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 5v84wj.jpg

Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past you again?
Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 am

I'm not a douchebag I swear, but I'm trying to make my character sound like one XD. First time ive ever played a bad guy too.
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:12 am

I didn't think so. I thought he was in character.

But well on my end my friends are douche-bags. They all.... bailed on me. So I'll get started on a post here soon.

I have a feeling Tim might give Vicente a run for his money here in a second.

Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:31 am

:) I cant wait! Lol I'm also posting from my phone in the maint office XD all our birds are in the air or are ready to be so work is sloooooow.

And for those who don't know, when I say birds I mean AH-64D Longbow.
Vetr
Layman
Layman

Postby Vetr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:51 am

I'll be up for a while yet, if there's any catching-up to be done besides just reading through things.
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:54 am

I'm still working on my post. It should be done soon.... Hopefully. I should have it posted within the next hour or so. (^_^)

Kindredtown
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kindredtown » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:55 am

I'm watching Definitely, Maybe so I'm up for a bit.

Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Epic Set by The Kiry
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:58 am

Wow! So many of you are waiting! I must be doing a good job as a GM for this rp. (^_^) I shall buckle down and focus now on my post.

Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 am

* crowd cheering * :D
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:56 am

Enjoy. (^_^)

Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 am

I want to post so bad XD but I'm going to wait for all the others :'(
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 am

Did you like the post?

Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 am

I loved it! I think shit might get real here in a few.
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Well here's a thought, if no one actually makes it to Elinor's office, Castro just might have to send Barbra and Cain to go fetch some 'students' lol.

And yes shit is about to get real.

In my last post Castro still had yet to show his true self. Right now you have the calm and collective Castro. Soon enough he will become a very aggressive character.

So, with that being said, another day off and a large pot of coffee... I am ready to really move the story along if possible tonight. (^_^)

Twall87
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Twall87 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:04 am

Quick question:

Wandless magic. What is the extent of what someone who is used to using a wand can do sans wand? Like I know Harry blew up his aunt and made glass disappear when he was angry/ stressed, would Riza be able to go wandless in a similar way?
Roads go ever on and on, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you may be swept off to.
Vetr
Layman
Layman

Postby Vetr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

In canon, *anyone* can do wandless magic, it just tends to take either more focus than practical, more understanding of magic than nigh anyone has, more raw power than most people can afford to expend, or more emotional stress than the average situation allows for. That said, I don't know if it works differently here. Dumbledore does it fairly often due to his raw power, Harry does it occasionally (not counting accidental magic via emotional stress) due to his implied power, Hermione is even shown to do it once I think, and that case was either focus or emotion, or both I think.
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 am

In the Harry Potter books, Harry did experience some forms of what people would call wandless magic. When creating the Forbidden magic I did take this into consideration.

I would more say that Harry only did this kind of magic was because of the stress and anger he had inside him. It is known in the wizarding world for some to preform such things, mostly do to the situations at hand.

Forbidden magic is kind of similar, but only in the fact that a wand is not needed to preform such spells or actions.

This history I have created for Forbidden magic......

Think back as far as you can in history, back before wizards and witches were even thought of in the muggle world. Back to the time of when magic was truly born. Wizards knew they had powers, the ability to do strange things when happy, sad, angry. stressed... It was all called upon with their feelings and emotions. The way the wand was made was to harness and focus a wizard or witches powers. At the time only a few were able to make things happen without the help from a wand or other means. Those were the Forbiddens. They were also known to be teachers of the craft.

They helped others find their magic by creating circles and covens. When admitted into a coven or circle one must share blood with the leader or another from within. But even after the sharing of blood some still could not preform wandless magic. The more that were introduced into the craft the more wands were needed. A lot of the studies were not hard, but some lacked the metal focus.

Later on it was to be discovered that some did not posses pure enough energy or blood like those who could do wandless magic. The term pureblood was than created.

As the years went by and more and more wizards and witches needed wands, spells or potions to preform magic, those who did not seemed to have died out, or disappeared. But the term pureblood stuck with those who only married with in other wizarding families. The longer your family's history stayed within the wizarding world, the purer your blood be.

Forbiddens did not show back up till years later. Even at that time they were not called Forbiddens. A young man had showed great magic abilities. He failed to use a wand or words.

The wizarding world went crazy over his magic abilities. Even the parts where some of the magic spells that could send a wizard to his death, had no effect on the man.

By this time the wizarding world had grown so much and had developed a more define culture, wizards of all kinds begged the man to teach them how to do magic like him. At first the wizard said no, but in some time he had finally caved and decided to hold a grand lecture.

He invited thousands of wizards and witches from all over the world to come and learn from him. But right at the lecture was to start he had walked to center stage. Held up both of his hands and let out a bright light that ended up killing all those before him.

The man was than claimed to be a murderer and was now missing. The ministry set out a warning to all those in the wizarding world, that wandelss magic was now Forbidden. Any one caught preforming or practicing this kind of magic would be killed on site. With studies and other means they had come to the conclusion that only purebloods had such abilities, but they could not just kill all pure bloods and their families. The ministry had created tests and other ways to track down Forbiddens. A forbidden could not use wands for one. Their magic was so different from normal magic that a wand would just feel like a stick in their hand as it would for a muggle.

Much time had passed since that event, the first Forbidden was never found or caught, they didn't even know his name.

Long after as people forgot about the event and Forbidden magic as it only applies to purebloods, the ministry made a special division for cases dealing with Forbiddens. They kept this kind of magic from the world and would still kill Forbiddens on site. As they are not only a danger to others but to themselves.

There is much more to this history that will be explained through out the rp. Forbidden magic is mostly used by the mind and body. The whole thing with the blood is that it is more like a conductor.

If you think of the mind as a battery, the body a river, and magic as a light bulb you can really explain how this magic works. The mind would think of the spell and how it is controlled. What it looks like, and what it can do.

Now the battery is sending a message to the wizard's hands (the light bulb) but it needs water in the river. The clearer and fresher the water, the better connection. No put dirty water into the river.... The water is too foggy for the connection to really work. But think of a wand as a kind of substance that cleans the water or helps bring focus through the clouded dirty water.

It's much like that. The purer the water the more magic or power can be sent from mind to body, the cloudier the water the less ability to really produce that same out come. That is also why some spells that would harm a normal wizard, would have no effect on a Forbidden as their magic is ten times greater and clearer than others.

I hope this helps in a way. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 am

I have to almost force myself not to post XD
Vetr
Layman
Layman

Postby Vetr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Why's that? Almost everyone else (in the scene) already has, since the last time you did. Needing a response from Ezra before you can act?

That said, I know the feeling! XD When this started I planned on making 2-3 posts per day, every day. The rare days when that's possible are good ones.
Briqx
Scout
Scout

Postby Briqx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Lol I like to post fast but I want to give Ezra a say before Vicente reacts to Tim. I know how it feels to get passed up because you get a little busy with real world stuff.

I check my phone at least 2 times an hour between tasks while I'm in the hanger XD I get excited when a new post is up, and really excited when I get to reply. Tho I wait till then end of the day to post because its not professional to be on my phone for as long as it takes to create, edit, and add effects to my satisfaction lol.
Kindredtown
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kindredtown » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Vetr if you want I can add my character from a previous Rp to be friends with Tas' brother, but he won't be in the Dracon house.

Epic Set by The Kiry
Vanitas
Scout
Scout

Postby Vanitas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:58 pm

I feel like I killed the momentum everyone had going once I posted. So... let's get this party started! (Again!)

*Sets out Cheetos, cranks the jams and makes sure she isn't wearing the same party dress as Briqx this time.* :wink:
Kindredtown
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kindredtown » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 pm

I think it's just us waiting for Twall that has caused the pause. Not you, Vanitas

Epic Set by The Kiry
Chewy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby Chewy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah that's who I'm waiting on, lol.

Return to “OOC”