RPG Forums Online

Daydreams; Psychological/Horror RP (OOC/Open)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

Animya
Hades' Bride

Postby Animya » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:12 am

Took Nin as an example, and also updated relations :)
Oh she wants me~ oh she’s got me, oh she hurts me
What else can be better than this?
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 am

Yay! And hopefully everyone enjoys the concept of the relations section in the character information. Anything else you all decide to add is fine, up to you. If you want to use the same sheet as each other thats fine too.

Anyway I was a bit concerned on where to include a description about Ash. I was just going to mention it in the RP but then I figure you guys deserve at least a little about Ash by now, even if I dont give a whole character sheet. Ill edit it in to the main post I think, somewhere...
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 am

Heh, I made an implication Sam's secretly fond of Ash's legs, though maybe he didn't see them in a skirt, but in shorts or something. Maybe Ash is a trap, we'll have to wait and see.

But yeah, Sam's a leg man. Andelain's large bust isn't actually something he's attracted to so much. It's just one more ... erm, layer for him to hide behind.

On another note, judging from your opening post in the IC, Ghost, Dr. Wunder really seems like something of a lousy psychiatrist. Was this intentional, or was she just being really, really dismissive of there being any importance to Ash's dreams?
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:00 am

Hah, Wunder was trying to be a bit dismissive with the dreams, but Ash has been having them for a long time so Wunder views it as a common thing. That and Ash can get kinda weird about it... >.> its one reason Ash is on the meds. But, also, I'm probably not the best at RPing a psychiatrist :p So try not to be too hard on the doc~ If one of you ever wants to take over the doc let me know. ;)

I included some info of Ash at the top of the OOC, and I'll work on another IC post. I did some back and forth with Ani earlier as well, so if you guys ever need some help or want to include some talky talky with me [or each other] just say so here. Im sure most of us have some kind of IM, but we can use the forums PM system too if not.

I just dont want you guys to feel like you have to wait on someone or something too often before you can make a post. :) I think it's more important to keep things moving, so always feel free to post at least what you can, or, what you feel comfortable with.
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 am

Well, can Tirnanog ever REQUIRE Sam to see the psychiatrist? Since his PTSD is pretty obvious and all. If so, on such an occasion, you might want to play Dr. Wunder. If not, I could write it out, myself, but that'd be a loooong post to do solo.

EDIT: Aww, just read the first post. I was really hoping for a trap.
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:07 am

The city is similar to what one might expect. If he has an issue, the special forces he used to serve might require him to see someone, same as anyone else with a disability might be forced to do something. People with heart issues, like pacemakers, are forced to do phone calls and such. People with mental disorders are made to take medicines. Its up to you though if whoever was in charge of all that forces him to go to something or if, at this stage, if its all voluntary. As far as Doctor Wunder, Im sure theres other psychiatrists too if you didnt like her.

I did like how you started your post though. With the radio. I could see you took some of my hints to the darker side of the city, though the radio definitely exaggerated a lot of it. :p

I still dont know what you meant about "a trap" though.
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:16 am

Oh, I like Dr. Wunder. I just wasn't clear if she was supposed to be bad at her job or if she just really disapproves of dream interpretation.

As for what a trap is?

This. He's a boy.
<center>Image</center>
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 am

More's the pity.
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:44 am

For the picture it says "use the share links provided instead!" so maybe try that?

For my next post I think I'll include some information about the game world, since I know I didnt put a lot of specifics in the OOC.

Essentially what it boils down to is you can usually play on a lot of these games [though not all of them] at home from your computer, but its no different than playing a videogame today. But, at the mall they have these pods you can go in, and enter a sleep like state where you control your character and experience everything via your character's perspective. The technology just isnt there quite yet to have smaller, mobile and mainstream versions.

Ash however is working on a new prototype for it!
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:11 am

Ah, I assumed it was more like Gemini Game or Net Force, where they use helmets that converse pretty directly with their brains or have ethernet-like jack-in ports at the base of their skull.

Here's the picture. I hosted it to my photobucket instead.
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:21 am

Hah, nope! No plugs to your brain needed. But yea I figured you might have had a misconception with it so it didnt hurt to mention something here in case someone else made a post before I did. This one is more of a REALLY advanced brain scanner, it uses a pod to keep you from like, dream walking around and hurting yourself. You take a drink of some stuff before getting in, and inside the pod you get a little special air and you zone out, it keeps you in a dream like state, up until you decide to quit the game. Then the pod opens and you wake up. :p

Considering that, its sort of too big and fancy currently to have one in every home, and could be dangerous. This is like, literally cutting edge gaming stuff so its not fully tested, so everyone is monitored and theres people standing by for any emergencies. Considering this, its also not "free" but its not so expensive credit wise that no one can really afford it. It costs about as much as going to a nice restaurant. Really most people spend their credits on entertainment and little luxuries.

Also, I figured I'd add, if anyone moved to Tirnanog, they didn't have to give up everything. Theres still people that have outside money, just most have no need of it in the city. There IS ways to earn money, for like visiting other places on vacations. You just would have to have outside contacts, family, sources of income or deal directly with the big companies. It's sort of the same idea that, if you moved to the USA from mexico, no one really has need of your peso's. Though you might be able to get them exchanged at a bank or something. People can also exchange credits for money, but the transaction rates on that are not in your favor~ :p

Also, I know that character! From persona :p
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:07 am

Haha, yup! Teddie from Persona 4! Who I firmly believe to be the Personaverse's equivalent to the DDSverse's Lucifer. Seriously. The evidence is uncanny.

So I'll probably just need to have Sam go to the mall instead?
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 am

Well unless Sam really wanted to play videogames on his computer all day :p My next post was just going to be explaining the complexities of the new game on their way to the mall, and sending a message to Sam if he wanted to go. Sam could invite whoever he wanted, maybe the teacher he plays games with.

Ash would essentially be offering to pay for them, well, as far as they know. Im sure Ash can play anytime she wants, or at least gets a discount considering she has employee membership. I think ICly the only one who might know about Ash and her connection to the game might be Leah, since she's family. But if so, Leah probably doesn't know the full extent of it. :p

I've been trying to introduce aspects to the city gradually in the story so it comes off more naturally, instead of giving you guys huge blocks of texts in the OOC talking about specifics. :p Plus I probably couldn't think of or remember everything to stick into one post anyway, so it gives me a lot more flexibility to introduce important information gradually as the RP unwinds.
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 am

Nah, I'll just have him already on his way there.
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh, I was just talking to Ani about it and I found a good description for how the game works. For example, theres lots of ways it could. In the matrix they have plugs in their neck that they use to jack in for instance. And in SAO or .hack they have the little headsets they wear right?

Well, in this case its more like the movie Avatar, where you go to sleep on a fancy bed and control an avatar when under an induced unconscious state. Except that the avatar you're controlling is virtual. One could probably play the game in lieu of sleeping if you wanted, though your body gets rested your mind is still conscious on some level so I'm not sure how that would work out entirely, might still be a little tired~ Anyway, it works pretty well with any "normal" videogame at the time, most being compatible. However there are some games you can only play via this method at the Nexus. Also granted, not everyone uses it for video games, some use it like virtual night clubs and more adult rated stuff.

Think of it as a virtual internet, though to join you have to go to the nexus's physical location. People are able to host their own games that branch off from there, or their own servers. Daedalus also has some games it hosts, ranging from first person shooters to mmo's, adventure, racing, all the mainstream sort of genres we have today.

Oh, hah, just thought of the Animus in Assassins Creed, thats another good example. :p
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Still here Fal? I noticed he hasn't posted at all anywhere on the forum since his last OOC here, so I figure he's still got stuff going on. And I don't know whats going on with Nin... so just post whenever you get a chance, feel free to drop in whenever. I'm just going to try pushing forward some, it's most important to keep the thing rolling along I think. *nods*

Just be sure to let me know if something happens and you can't post for awhile okay guys?
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Oh also before I forget, I'm moving this week. We should have net up there in a couple days but you never know. Were not all moved out yet, but everything should be over there by the end of the week.

I dont expect this to hurt my ability to post, at most I might be busy moving stuff and setting up stuff a day or two. Otherwise, Im still going to have access unless we run into problems getting net set up at the new place. So, consider this a notice just in case something unforeseen happens.
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 am

My bad, I lost track of this RP in the forum shuffle, it kept disappearing off the recent posts list before I'd see it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been so long without replying.
<center>Image</center>
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:11 am

Ah good to hear from you Nin! Yea I suggest adding it to your favorites or watching the topic, I get a little email every time someone posts. I was just about to send you a PM to see if you were still in or not. Have you heard any news from Fal?

Anyway going to be moving a lot today, not sure how much time I'll have. This is also supposedly the day our net here will shut off and be moved over to the new place. So, if all goes smoothly I should be around later tonight~~~

Too bad Sam didnt know to meet them at the clothing store, he could have voted and helped out too! In fact I might add another post just for that!
Ninmast
Lil' Miss Martyr

Postby Ninmast » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Ha! That would make him so uncomfortable. But yeah, all he was told was that Ash had errands. Of course, the landmine question is if they just want him to praise the outfits, or to actually give an evaluation of them?

As for Fal, I think he's just busy. He hasn't posted anywhere else he's in, either, most notably for Remiel, his D&D character.
<center>Image</center>
Madrigal
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Madrigal » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 am

Name: Bryn S. Prince

Appearance: Standing a mere 5‘1“ tall, Bryn is a scrawny lad, weighing almost ten pounds below his demographic’s median weight. Even his face lacks the soft folds of baby fat common to boys his age. He was quite fit, and his legs, arms and torso continue to show tone, but his strength ebbs frequently, and he is seldom able to exercise. Though once known for his luscious curled blond hair, Bryn’s head is now closely shaved as part of his numerous treatments. As-such, he is usually dressed in the soft white linen and hospital gown customary of cancer patients, even in this day and age. He is seldom allowed the chance to go outside, but usually chooses to wear a worn pair of red sneakers, or a set of neon blue running shoes, along with shorts and a colorful T-shirt. He also keeps a red zip-up hoody among his effects, but the nurses are very strict about him going out when its chilly outside. His most noticeable feature however are his bright blue eyes, which never fail to show his honest and kind nature even in his most despairing moments. Were he lucky enough to reach maturity, its quite likely those eyes might captivate some poor girl who gazed into them for long enough...

Bio: Bryn knows very little about the circumstances of his birth, only that his parents--though they loved him very much--couldn’t be proper parents to him. So, he was instead given up for adoption. His first family was nice at first, but when his adoptive father lost his job, they had too little money to provide for him, so he was again put up for adoption. It wasn’t until he was eight that he found a family willing to provide for him, the Princes. The Princes were a warm, welcoming family, and they readily accepted him into their lives, taking an active role in his education and helping him meet people in his new life.

His family moved to a new neighborhood soon after he turned ten, and the boy soon found himself shoved into a new school, filled with unfamiliar faces. His grades soon began to suffer, the boy complaining of a pain in his head whenever he tried to concentrate on his studies. His family was concerned, but accepted it might simply be due to stress. To snap the boy out of his growing depression, his family took him on a trip to the park for the Fourth of July fireworks show. The boy seemed uncomfortable at first, avoiding other children and doing his best to ignore a headache, until his family sat down for the fireworks display on the hill. His father’s pager went off, calling him away, and his mother felt the need to use the restroom. Though his father stood a few feet away, carefully watching him as he called the hospital, Bryn could not help but feel utterly alone, as he waited for the fireworks to start.

“Hiyah!â€
Ghostwriter
I>u

Postby Ghostwriter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Hey Madi! I'm glad you didnt have problems figuring stuff out, you seemed to get most everything right except Ash's gender :p Other than that the only thing that concerns me is your characters inability to leave the hospital? Im not sure if I followed that right, but it seems like he isn't able to leave because his cancer. If that's what your plan was and that's fine with you then like I said its not "wrong" just the main part of this RP is about the city itself, not the game. So if you want your character to focus on the game aspect its fine I suppose, just you might miss out on a lot of important RP outside the game. For instance, we haven't even got "in" the game yet, though we're about to soon.

The game world is more a smaller world within the city. Plus I figure I should make sure people know, there's going to be lots of different games "within" the nexus. The nexus isn't like .hack, its actually like a framework for stuff to exist on, similar to internet 2.0, and can actually interact with the normal internet. You have your own personal space where you can make a virtual home or whatever and invite people over. You can visit other places, or play various online games and do stuff in the virtual online world. The game of most importance doesn't have character levels either, since Im giving details. You all are able to 'make' your own games too if you want, I just wanted to make sure I said something since the hospital thing was my only concern.
Madrigal
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Madrigal » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:29 am

Well Bryn himself is a variation of my character Brennis. Powerlessness is a key motif in his character and motivations, and I wanted to give him a plausible and powerful reason to be so in love with the virtual world. As for his mobility, the boy *is* pretty much confined to the hospital and its grounds, though he can occasionally go on a little field trip if he's wheelchair bound and has a nurse minding him.

Besides, I wouldn't mind a slower pace for a main character for once.

Return to “OOC”