RPG Forums Online

Fortune Favors the Fool (Crucible take three- OOC/ Interest)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

Merxiel Othir

Fortune Favors the Fool (Crucible take three- OOC/ Interest)

Postby Merxiel Othir » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:10 am

(credit to Geistig on Deviant Art for the image)
[spoiler] Image [/spoiler]

Brevlan, a city as old as stone some say. Legend has it that it was razed to the ground countless times, and rebuilt atop its own ruins in the mountainside countless more. The truth is far simpler, the ruins within the mountain are just that, ruins, unknown in origin, they were there before the city was first built. Regardless, the city has always been the site of unrest, whether the source be civil amongst its citizens, or be it of a more sinister origin from within the Old City, where vagrants and criminals reign. It is not a kingdom, or a principality, or any form of Monarchy or Empire, it is governed by the Rule of Three. Three individuals, known as Praetors collectively rule and govern the city from within their temple at the highest point in the city, so it is and has been for countless centuries. Currently Praetors Cassian, Mordred, and Arash rule the City. Beneath the Praetors, are nine Evokers, three for each Praetor, they act in a fashion, as personal agents, messengers, etc. of the Praetors, and in military situations, they act as Generals. Beneath them lay the top tier of the ranks of the Guard, called Cleansers, these "Paladins" of the Temple, command the knights of the Temple and the City Guard. This Rule of Three is considered by the denizens of Brevlan, to be superior to any Kingdom, more just, more fair. It is a presumption born of Hubris, for, like any system governed by man, it is susceptible to man's weaknesses, greed, lust, malice, these weaknesses in turn breed corruption, and corruption brings destruction. It is a cycle that Brevlan has been through numerous times, and yet it still lives, resurrected from ashes, much like the Phoenix that the Temple so arrogantly adopts as its sigil. However this time, it's different. Attacks from the Old City are more frequent than ever, Bandits, outlaws, and alchemical abominations, creatures more twisted and malevolent than can be remembered slither up from the bowels of the earth, and, something far more sinister stirs, a Praetor schemes and plots within gilded halls, those who call the Old City home grow restless, stirred by talk of revolution, and the city prepares itself for the coming chaos. Three threatens to become one with plots hatched in shadow. But shadow hides more than secrets, and those that call greed their profession will profit from the chaos, or be swallowed by their ignorance.

Alright, so this is the third incarnation of this rp, but in this round I'm switching the plot around, as well as a bit of the City itself. I'm looking for 4-6 people to get in on this hopefully. It will be in the Mature section. Also below will be descriptions of some of the more Important people, organizations, and places in the city of Brevlan. The first of which will be my (main) character. Then following that will be NPC's and the like. That said if any of them strike your fancy and you wish to play as them, PM me and we'll talk, I'm even willing to let people change things about the characters if they have ideas, names, genders, whatever, just pm me with your ideas and we can work something out. Also. This list may and likely will be updated with more people (such as your characters :P ), places and groups as they become relevant.

Regardless of whatever characters you choose or create, the premise is simple, at least at first. All of you, whether you were born and raised in the city or are a foreigner to Brevlan, have received a note from an anonymous source claiming that “somethingâ€
Last edited by Merxiel Othir on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:51 pm

You knows I'm game.
<center>Image
Many thanks to Merxiel for the set.
You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
TwisterZaraku
-His Own Man-

Postby TwisterZaraku » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Oh nooooooo.... I'm already so busy with the Naruto rp.... nooooo why'd you put this up? Gaaaah..... so.. tempting...
<center>But forreal... Can you handle this fresh ass art?
Word to Kiryuku. You're the Lee to my Guy <3
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm

First post will be updated in about an hour with info on magic once I get home from work
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Haha, this RP again! Alas, I have vowed not to join more RPs, but maybe somewhere through this I'll jump in if I'm allowed. Good luck, Merx.

Big thanks to Gid for the set! :D
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Indeed, though it is quite different in many ways than the first two attempts. Perhaps third time's the charm.
dinthalion
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby dinthalion » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 am

Wow. I love all the detail in the setting. I'm interested. Maybe as a white weaver if that's ok, but I'm not sure yet.
--------------------------------------------------------
If communication seems to succeed in the intended way, there's a misunderstanding
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:23 am

Awesome! Glad to have your interest. If you do decide to play a magic user I'll have to work over so e details with you via pm :) nothing major just background details ^^
Cervantes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Cervantes » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:23 am

Interested if you still have room. Hopefully this one makes it further than the last one.
Thanks to Kotorchix for the sig
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 am

aye still have room cervantes. and yeah so do I, glad i haven't scared everybody off XD
Shewolf13

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 am

*eye twitch* Dang Merx... This looks awesome. But life is really chaotic right now... Can I put my name on a maybe later list or something?
Sig by Wadj!
Hey guys! Vote for the Quarterly Quill Awards!
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 am

absolutely wolf. Just let me know when things settle down and I'm sure we could find a spot for you :)
Shewolf13

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 am

Awesome, sounds good.

Sig by Wadj!

Hey guys! Vote for the Quarterly Quill Awards!
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Will have my CS up by tomorrow at some point. I know all the details, just have to write them down.
<center>Image

You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Hellew... I'm here... And I'm interested. Not sure what angle to play, so I'll PM you with some ideas.
<center>Image
You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Answered your pm Gid, well hopefully I answered it : P I replied anyway. and The same to yours Dinth! glad to have you all aboard. And that's fine Ant, no worries there. I may post one for charles...I may not, time will tell.
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Also replied. Once we hash out the details, I'll post a sheet.
<center>Image

You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Name: Simon Royce

Personality: Simon is a very moral man, even though judging from his recent past that wouldn't be the case. He enjoys joking with certain people, if he's close enough with them, but otherwise is a quiet individual. He will speak what is on his mind whenever the case comes into question. He seems friendly enough. His most recent past haunts him now, however.

Appearance: Simon stands about 5'11 to 6 foot tall, weighing about 180-185 lbs with most of it being muscle with a low percent of body fat from the rigorous training and diet that he's been on for the past couple of years. He keeps his hair short on top, but even shorter on the sides, that betray a dark brown, almost black in color. His cheeks hold a 5 o'clock shadow. His clothing is light with some hard leather on his forearms, around his stomach, and his legs with a linen shirt and pants.

Career/Job/Skills: Simon is an expert with weapons and holds a very high martial prowess. He wouldn't have survived as long as he has without that. He's been taught techniques from his father when he was but a boy that has been long lost to the generations. He knows blacksmithing and even enjoys the moments that he has been able to do so.
<center>Image

</center>
dinthalion
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby dinthalion » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Name: Oralee Satchel

Personality: Born to slaves of a wealthy family, Oralee feels she owes her freedom to the Red Mages. She was always a good student, quiet, hard working and obedient if not the sharpest or fastest learner. She takes rules and orders very seriously and derives a lot of her sense of self value from earning approval from others. She takes pride in all she does and works hard. She rarely relaxes and keeps mostly to herself but wants to earn respect and honor. She is trustworthy with a good heart underneath it all but often doesn’t have a strong enough will to act on what she suspects is right. She does enjoy music and has a good voice and will turn to music when she does decide it’s alright to relax a moment. As a mage, she’s made great progress since her youth and while far from the strongest weaver, even for her age, she has good control and has enough ability to have earned moderate respect among her peers.

Appearance: A rather plain girl of short stature and a petite build, there is little about her that stands out about her. Her hair and complexion are dark which makes her very light brown eyes seem a little out of place. Her hair is thin and halfway down her back and often worn in a braid or braided bun. She dresses in rather simple dresses though she always wears a sash around her waist with the sigil of the Red Mages embroidered on it.

Career/Job/Skills: White weaver. She’s a proud member of the Red Mages and has moderate skill at her craft.
--------------------------------------------------------

If communication seems to succeed in the intended way, there's a misunderstanding
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 am

Name: Lady Fae

Career: "Entrepreneur"

Personality: Fae is many things - reclusive, intelligent, ruthless, practical,

Appearance: As pictured above.

Skills: Unbeknownst to most, Lady Fae is a weaver. She discovered her art by accident and was trained in the same location as Charles, which is how they met. She is a Green Weaver, and a powerful one. Sometimes however, her weaving doesn't quite go to plan and other strange things have happened...

Character Bio: Rumor has it she is the owner and operator of the Gilded Girdle, the largest and most popular brothel in Brevlan. It is also said that she even takes on some clients herself, but who can say what is true except from the Lady herself. Truth be told she's rarely seen, within or without the thin walls of her palace of pleasure. In actuality, the brothel is a fully operation front and base of operations for the Thieves Guild in Brevlan, and she is the overseer of both lust and greed. Word within the guild says that she and Charles have had relations in the past. Some say they still do, and it is known for a fact that he has ties to the guild. However if one mentions the Master Thief's name in her presence, her face grows tight and her gaze drops an icy chill upon the room. They used to operate the guild together, long ago, but a difference of opinion on both methodology and practice has constructed a chasm between them that is only rarely, and briefly bridged.
<center>Image

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 am

Got some interesting characters so far. This is gonna be goooood.
<center>Image

</center>
Cervantes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Cervantes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 am

Name: Apollo Pierce

Personality: as a member of The Temple guard Apollo is loyal to The White Lady, and her teachings, not to the Three, he is loyal but not fanatic. He is usually kind and gentle he can usually be seen helping in the orphanage or poor houses when not working.

Appearance: Standing at nearly 6’5â€

Thanks to Kotorchix for the sig
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:33 am

Alright ladies and Gents! I'll have the IC up this weekend, thank you for your patience!
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 am

*Pokes Merx.*
<center>Image

</center>
Merxiel Othir

Postby Merxiel Othir » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:09 am

POST IS UP! sorrrrry for the delay folks. It's not much of an intro, but it's something. Hoep ti's good enough. Also. Myself and likely Ant will be playing not only our characters, but some of the various npcs of import in the city. That said they are there to be used by everyone as needed, with the exception of Lady Fae who is now Gideon's character. If any other exceptions arise they will be noted in the OOC. Thank you all for your patience!

EDIt: Also! it's up to each one of you individuals to come up with your own item, be it a person or a thing or whatever, that was taken from you, it is your characters personal motivatino to obey the note they were given. Also as indicated above the note says to meet at the gilded girdle, and implies that your character will not be alone.

Return to “OOC”