RPG Forums Online

Mount Olympus (OoC - Closed - Mature)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:59 am

Name: Ben Delat
Appearance: Standing at 5'10, Ben is average in height, yet under his clothes there lies a strong build, tight knit muscles and a lean though wide-shouldered form. His hair, a little ruffled, is brown and a few inches long. His eyes are a sludgish green-brown, the hue depnding on the lighting. His face is not in anyway pretty, but with a smallish nose that looks like it has been broken once or twice and some defined jawlines and cheekbones, he might be called handsome in a rough sort of way. His skin is tanned brown and a thin brown beard covers most of his face. He often moves about in a black hooded cloak, the opening in the front bearing buttons and the long sleeves slightly wide. Under it he wears normal clothing. At his lower back--under the cloack--he keeps a short kukri, and at his belt a karambit and a Glock 18 with two 33-round magazines, with all of which he is at least somewhat proficient. On his back he carries a brown rucksack and through a hoop on it, a spear.
Brief History Ben was born in a not so good neighborhood in Chicago, his father a Thai immigrant working as a mechanic and his mother a nurse at a local hospital. From a young age, Ben has taken to practicing martial arts, being a smaller boy than the rest of his schoolmates and being bullied for most of his childhood. From Muay Thai to Krav Maga and then some Jiujitsu when he started getting into MMA as he entered adulthood, he delved into many diverse arts. Through the years, and mostly in his childhood, Ben didn't get into many fights outside the gyms and dojos he went to, but as time went by he started approaching a violent slope. The angry teenager started fighting in MMA clubs, mostly underground, to help his parents pay the bills. Unfortunately, when Ben's father found out the source of the income he denied the money, which only made Ben angrier. He went to more and more fights and the money he earned he pocketed. He left home when he was nineteen and started getting involved with a bad--worse--crowd. Inbetween fights he was assigned jobs, mostly breaking bones as an enforcer for loan sharks. He was twenty-three when he first killed a man. Wasn't his fault, he kept telling himself, the guy pulled a knife on him. He drove his knee so hard into his face the man's nose flew into his brain in a gorey crack. He ran after that. He stole money from his employers and moved to the west coast, changed his name and went pro, entered the UFC on some lower league and made a quiet if violent living.

But then the Awakening came, and Ben was no pushover. He found himself in the same paniced rage the rest of the city was embroiled in. He fought his way through the riots in downtown LA, those that became legendary in their frenzy. He looted a supermarket and broke a man's rib for an extra bag of flour and a can of tuna. He knocked out a security guard for his gun and radio, though he soon found out the latter didn't work anymore. When he reached the Muay Thai dojo he practiced in, he met some familiar faces. He took the kukri and karambit from a display of eastern weapons and fled the city with most of the group. Two years later and he found himself alone, going from abandoned town to abandoned city, foraging, looting, stealing. He did whatever he had to to survive. Not much for community, he didn't stay anywhere friendly for very long.
God/Goddess: Ares maybe.
Last edited by AtreusCore on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Big thanks to Gid for the set! :D
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Name: Silas Gabriel
Appearance: Silas stands at roughly 5'9 and used to carry around a decent amount of fat upon his small frame. He was bullish strong, however, even if his muscles didn't show. Since the Awakening, much of the fat has come off, but his face still holds some as well as there is a little bit around his stomach and legs still, which he calls stubborn fat. His body has gotten more athletic and stronger from all the work that he's been having to pull. He has dark blue eyes and a slight reddish tinge to his cropped brown hair.
Brief History Silas was a mortician before the Awakening and had spent more than 10 years preparing the dead for other families to help them send them across the way. But, whenever the awakening came, Silas's entire life changed as well. Being from a small town in Ireland, which escaped much of the brunt of the storms and diasters, Silas and the community compiled together and made things work. They helped one another with home repairs, farming, water, and livestock. But whenever someone passed, Silas still kept with the same ritual, though not as extensive with buring the dead. He along with those old enough and strong enough helped protect from outsiders who saw what they wanted and try to take it and it has changed him to something far more darker than he used to be.

God/Goddess: Hades.
<center>Image
Many thanks to Merxiel for the set.
You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:02 am

I like your CS, Ant. :] Is mine accepted?

Dominique
Hopeless Romantic

Postby Dominique » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 am

Name: Elise Byrne
Appearance:
Elise's appearance is made up of contrasts. Though her hair is a coppery red, long and somewhat wild, there's a softness to her appearance that seems to reflect her personality. She's of fairly average height, her build between slim and athletic, and her eyes are a deep green. The whole package is most reminiscent of a forest in autumn, which is only enhanced by her most common attire. In the mountains, where she currently resides, there is no easy access to the latest fashion – although this probably goes for all areas nowadays – and she's most often shrouded in practical overalls, jeans and boots with the oversized (on her, anyway) lumberjack button-up shirts that used to belong to her father.

Brief History:
Growing up in a small town a few miles outside Charlotte, North Carolina, Elise was part of a warm family. With three older brothers that might have been a tad overprotective, she had a relatively carefree childhood, surrounded by an abundance of animals varying from stray dogs to lost cats, birds, guinea pigs and just about any other animal you could think of. People in the neighbourhood always knew to find the Byrnes whenever they found a motherless kitten or a bird with a broken wing and any member of the family would gladly sacrifice their sleep to nurse a baby rabbit back to health or rehabilitate a Labrador with trust issues. During weekends and holidays they'd usually travel the hundred or so miles to their cabin in the Blue Ridge mountains, where an even bigger abundance of livestock awaited them. Life was pretty good.

When the first storms began to hit the main land, Elise had long graduated high school, and, unsurprisingly, was a good four years into studying veterinarian medicine in Raleigh. But after one distressed phone call from her brother Matthew, she swiftly returned home to reunite with her family. Much to her horror she found that her parental house was completely destroyed, along with most of the neighbourhood she grew up in. Even worse, her mother had perished in the collapse and the young woman was met with her distraught father and two of her brothers, trying to no avail to comfort him. There was no word from her oldest brother, and with the small town all but in ruins the family soon fled to their cabin up in the mountains. The place was in big part isolated from the world, but their home was mostly self sustaining; with water drawn from a natural spring, a chicken coop, several horses and a modest vegetable patch they were able to survive the first harsh months in which the Earth's population dwindled to a fraction of what it had once been. Their neighbours – a middle-aged couple who spent the entire year living up there and earned their money taking care of the other residents' homes – and some other families had soon made a pact and together they formed a tiny, but social community who, although it was a harsh throwback into a primitive world, managed to survive in relative peace. Which made it all the harsher when Elise's middle brother came down with the flu, which had once been a harmless disease, but complicated with pneumonia it turned fatal and they had to bury the second relative in less than a year's time. Their father had never quite recovered from the loss of his wife, and with one dead son and another one missing, he could cope less and less with this new world. Depression got a tightening grip on him, and no matter how Elise and Matthew, her one remaining brother, attempted to pull him out of this almost catatonic state, they were helpless as they watched him sink deeper and deeper into a suffocating darkness. One day, about a month ago, they found him missing from the cabin. When they discovered his shoes and clothes neatly piled on the shore of the big lake, a stone's throw away from their home, they could only guess that he had walked in with no intention to survive, for they never found any trace of him again, leaving the two siblings to fend for themselves from then on.

God/Goddess: At the moment I'm inclined to go with Artemis, her being the Goddess of the hunt, of forests and hills, mistress of the animals (and archery, childbirth and virginity, but let's ignore that for now). Alternatively, it could be Hades, for his link to the afterlife and Elise's attachment to her lost loved ones.
<center>Image</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 am

Hope this is okay Ant.

Name: Ehlana
Appearance: Average height, curvaceous build, stunning features. Waist length white-blonde hair, brilliant grey eyes and full lips. Her face says ‘China Doll’, but her body says ‘Warrior Princess’. A lifetime of forced drug taking, little food and too much activity ensure that she was never going to be as chubby as nature intended. As she matured, she filled out and changed from a scrawny young girl to a full figured young woman.
Brief History Before the Awakening, Ehlana fell victim to Russia’s rampant human trafficking industry. At age 7, she was kidnapped from her family and forced into a life that no child should ever be exposed to. As the years went on and she was passed around, beaten and tortured, she was eventually sold when she was 14, to a nice 72 year old Armenian man who had a fondness for young girls. Everyone has a breaking point and being forced into a wedding dress for some hideous, perverted marriage ceremony, was Ehlana’s. After the ceremony, when they were meant to consummate the marriage, she beat the old mans head in with his lamp. She spent the next day in that house doing nothing but bathing, eating her fill of his food and relaxing, for the first time in her life. She even was able to watch tv, though it took her some time to figure out how the enormous flat-screen worked. One of the wealthiest men in Armenia, her ‘husband’ had the best of everything and a credit card which was paid by the variety of business ventures that the old man had a finger in. Ehlana was not stupid however, and knew eventually suspicion would arise. She took herself off to the market that day and brought home a variety of foods to prepare a meal for two. On her arrival home, her screams caused the neighbours to come running and she put on a convincing display of distress and upset at finding her husband beaten to death. No one suspected her. Ehlana, not knowing anything about her family or even whether Ehlana was her real name or not decided to be pragmatic, cut her losses and start her life again. She used his money, now legally hers, to do just about everything she had ever wanted to do. When she was 18, she moved to the United States of America, bought a property on the outskirts of Orange County, on a stream, and lived in isolation. She had a gift for growing, a green thumb and soon she was able to grow all of her own food and vegetables. She traveled into the town whenever she needed something, but for the most part, she kept to herself. She jogged, kept fit, ate well, and slowly healed the invisible scars from her childhood. Her greatest moment of therapy was when seven wild horses showed up on her property. She was awed by their beauty and their strength and was touched when they allowed her to pat them. Over the months, they allowed her to ride them, and though she had never ridden before, she took to them with ease, and before the year was out she was able to ride each and everyone of them without bridle, saddle or reigns. It was like the instinctively knew where she wanted and what she wanted with just the slightest shifting of her weight or squeeze of her thighs.

She achieved many things in America, including getting an education, learning archery and martial arts as well as turning her property into a small, thriving farm. When the Awakening came, she was studying to become a psychologist. The first indication of the Awakening she had out on her property was the earthquake. The earthquake was actually the movement of the plates upon which America sat, and it forced a huge mountain to push up almost right behind her property. She too made the frantic journey into town to grab whatever it was that she needed, joining the looters in grabbing what she needed to and running. Tending her property had made her strong and fit and she was able to push and shove those out of the way, breaking someone’s neck with a bag of fertilizer artfully thrown when they tried to take her bags of shopping. She returned to her property and began the process of fortifying it from intruders. Over the coming months, neighbors began to show up, mostly those with families who were starving and needed food. Ehlana, though hard and anti-social, welcomed the company and could not deny the children’s sad faces. Eventually, her property had about 15 adults and 9 children living on it. It functioned as a small little community, self-sustaining thanks to the stream and her crops and the animals that Ehlana managed to find, catch or steal.
God/Goddess: Demeter and Poseidon.
<center>Image
You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:15 pm

I've thoroughly enjoyed everyone's CS's so far. As far as I'm concerned, all of them are accepted. I'll give the others who have expressed interest a few more days before closing this down and getting started.
<center>Image

You once said to me that the gods had sent me to save you. You were mistaken; you were the one sent and I in need of saving. - Gannicus

</center>
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Huzzah!

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Yay ;)
<center>Image

You may be cool, but you'll never be top hat wearing, monocle rockin', bicycle riding raptor cool.</center>
Desperado57
The Weird One
Location: Somewhere in your closet. Probably in a Shoe box. (Don't worry, I supply my own Shoe box.)

Postby Desperado57 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:20 am

Whoooop, Whooooooop.
<Center>Image
Sparklie! Of Mercenaries
Info for Heroes of Kantowa!
Thanks to Animya~ for this amazing Set!
No home internet. Sorry, will be slow on posting!
AtreusCore
Winston Churchill

Postby AtreusCore » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Guys I'm going to be absent until Thursday. Sorry for that, but I'll see you all then.

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:00 pm

That's no issue, AC. It probably won't be until then until we start or more like Friday.
<center>Image

</center>
BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 am

Hey folks,

Was poking around, looking for an RP or two to join to get back into the site, and this one caught my eye. Still looking for more, or are you all full up Antaric?

And a corollary to that, if you aren't full do you mind someone who might be a bit rusty?

No hard feelings if you'd rather not. :)

"The Closer you are to the light, the Larger your shadow becomes."
Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 am

I don't mind another CS, if you want to fill one out, Fox. Just provide a sample with it, so I know what I'd be working with if accepted.
<center>Image

</center>
BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 am

Sounds fair. Thanks. :) I'll work up a CS and a sample for you. Should be able to have it up tomorrow night or so.

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

So excited to see you in on this Fox. Fox is an awesome writer :) x
<center>Image

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:31 am

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence Gideon dear, I was happy to see you in this one after it caught my attention too. Hopefully I can live up to that rousing recommendation.

The only writing I've done in the past several years has been in D&D based PbP RPG games over on a different site, so I'm a little rusty to the Freeform world, but I'm hoping its like riding a bike.

A very comfortable bike that I've missed alot. :)

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 am

Name: Giles Hardin
Appearance: Giles is fairly average of appearance, in most all things. At five foot 9 inches, he isn't overly tall nor overly short. He weighs 190 lbs, neither overly heavy for his height, but not overly skinny either, carrying a bit of stubborn fat around his waist and thighs. Otherwise he is mostly muscle, honed from years of hard labor, and years more surviving after the Awakening. His deep brown, nearly black hair grows just past his shoulders, held back from his face in a loose ponytail by a simple leather thong. From the ragged cut of the end, it is easily surmised that this length is simply the easiest length to cut on his own. Surprisingly, his face is kept clean shaven, which makes his crisp jawline seem to stand out all the more.

Most days he wears simple pants and vest made from the tanned hide of animals, mostly deer. A striking contrast to the simple clothing, his boots seem to be of a very high quality black leather and rise halfway up his calf, providing him ample support. Though well worn, the boots are clearly of very high, pre-Awakening craftsmanship, and are very well taken care of. He can usually be found carrying a simple recurve bow and a leather quiver bristling with arrows. A simple, yet effective, hunting knife is kept strapped to his leg, and a backpack with basic survival supplies is nearly always slung over his shoulders.

Brief History: Before the Awakening, Giles led a happy, if busy, life in a small town near Seattle Washington in the US. He was married to a beautiful woman for 10 years. Together, they had 3 wonderful children, two boys and a little girl. He was a carpenter by trade, a hunter by hobby, and had a mild closeted obsession with medieval history and artifacts. He loved working with his hands, providing for his family, and in his off time he would disappear into the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest for hunting season with nothing but his antique styled wooden Recurve bow, a quiver full of arrows, and a pack of supplies. He'd return days later with a large elf or deer, or a string of large fish, filling their freezer for the next several weeks.

For a career he worked with a local company that contracted out across the nation, occasionally internationally, to build custom made tree houses for high end clients. He was a master carpenter, and no stranger to a harness and tree, and made a good salary at his job. Enough to compensate him for the weeks at a time he was forced to be away from his family when on a job.

Then the Awakening happened. It started when Giles was on the east coast, building a treehouse for a client in Kittyhawk North Carolina. The hurricanes hit the east coast hard, pummeled them with non stop winds and drowning rains. The devastation was uncountable. Somehow, miraculously, Giles survived that first Super Storm, and high tailed it west. Unfortunately, the airport was decimated, all flights grounded. The highways were jammed with wrecks as people had tried to flee in the midst of the sudden storms. Earthquakes began to wrack the continent. Cell lines were either down due to the towers getting destroyed or were so congested it was nearly impossible to get a call through.

So Giles started walking. 9 long months he walked, seeking shelter from Tornadoes and Lightning storms when they descended on the land, stumbling out of that shelter when the earthquakes threatened to collapse it around his head. He took what supplies he needed where he could find it and struggled on. 9 months later he arrived in Seattle Washington.....to find it gone. Wiped off the planet. It was as if Mount Rainer, Mount Baker, and Mount St. Helens had all decided to erupt at once.

Which is exactly what had happened. The resulting tectonic activity had caused such a disturbance in the Seattle Fault that the ground had literally opened up under the city, millions of gallons of ocean rushing in to fill the void, meeting the tons of molten rock pouring from the erupting volcanoes, creating huge flows of volcanic rock to form great jagged cliffs at the new edge of the ocean.

His life in shambles, he disappeared north and east, into the forests (or what was left of them) that surrounded the mountains that had destroyed his home...his life...his family. He has lived a hermetic life ever since, hunting and fishing to stay alive, building himself a small, but comfortable shelter in the woodlands. He rarely interacts with anyone else, and few have run across him since then. Hiding from the world - from his pain - he lives a life of solitude in the forests that had once brought him pleasure.

God/Goddess: Artemis (Though he doesn't worship any of the gods, or at this point in time even believe that the Greek Gods have really returned, Artemis is the god whom he would likely gravitate towards if he were so inclined.)

Sample:

The woods were always tranquil in the hour just before dawn. Everything seemed to hold its breath, awaiting the rising of the sun over the cusp of the horizon, waiting on the first rays of the sun to herald the dawn of a new day. The insects quieted, the birds rustled slowly, coming awake as the first rays of light touched on the top boughs of the ancient trees that grew in the verdant, lush landscapes west of what used to be known as Seattle. The elk, massive specimens of the species and masters of this rain forest, grazed at their whim as the light of dawn slowly crept down the lengths of the trees, lengthening their shadows.

One particular elk, a particularly large and healthy specimen, lifted its head from its grazing for a moment, holding perfectly still in the predawn air as if it had sensed something, though naught had made a sound. It held the pose for a long time, doing nothing as the light of day descended past the halfway mark of the massive trees. Slowly it lowered its head back to its grazing.

A soft 'twang', nearly imperceptible were it not for the eerie quiet, broke the stillness, followed quickly by the thud of something moving quickly making impact with flesh. The Elk stood perfectly still for a long moment, mimicking its earlier stance, as the feathered fetching of an arrow quivered from its new location protruding from the creatures chest. The shaft led directly through the creatures chest in a perfect line straight to its heart, killing the creature instantly. The magnificent beast collapsed to the ground finally, its brain catching up to the fact that its body was dead, its heart no longer pumping the blood vital to its existence.

Giles stood from his low crouch about a hundred feet away, just as the sun finally burst fully over the horizon, bathing the woods in light. He smiled, a slight, barely perceptible thing, at his perfect shot. But the smile, if that's what it was, quickly disappeared, tossed behind the wall he had erected to protect himself from his emotions. He walked forward to claim his kill -dinner for the next several nights. Though walking might be a misnomer. If you were picky you'd call it more of a stalk, for the toe-heel method of movement he performed, in a perpetual slight crouch without making a sound, was definitely more akin to stalking than what normal people would consider walking.

But then again, what was normal these days?
Last edited by BlackFox42 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 am

Cannot wait! Profiles look awesome so far.
<center>Image

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:09 am

Sample is up. Its not terribly long, but I didn't figure you'd need more than a few paragraphs to decide if my style was to your liking or not, so I didn't bother making it longer.

Hope you enjoy! :D

Now to start working on my Gladiator for Gideon's game. :)

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:24 am

Looks good to me, Fox!
<center>Image

</center>
BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:30 am

Thanks Antaric! :)

Really looking forward to this!

Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:53 am

Aw Giles :)
<center>Image

Antaric
Eater of Worlds

Postby Antaric » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 pm

So, this is officially closed. All of those who have put up character sheets have been accepted. Thank you for all the interest everyone.

I'll get to work on the IC and have it up by tomorrow.
<center>Image

</center>
Gideon
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Yey :D xx
<center>Image

BlackFox42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby BlackFox42 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:05 am

:D

Return to “OOC”