RPG Forums Online

I don't know where to put my thread.

This guild is for all the new members to hang out and get to know the site. The mods and members are happy to help get you started in RPs and help you feel welcome on this site.

Moderators: Duisternis, Train_of_Thought, Shewolf13, Sammy

Avianmosquito
Traveller
Traveller

I don't know where to put my thread.

Postby Avianmosquito » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:31 pm

I'd like to put up a massive set of houserules and a campaign setting, so I can test them here through OOC play by post, but I'd rather it not go in the play by post thread due to length. (In Microsoft Word, Calibri size 11, it's 38 pages long without the setting info, and it's not done yet.)

Which subforum do I put it in, so it can be found by people willing to help me expand it further, and where it can be accessed easily by the plays?

Also, this is my first play by post. I'm not sure as to how it works. I'd rather sit the first campaign out, observe and make sure the rules read the way they are supposed to. I'd rather see how it's done before I get involved, so I actually would not be playing until game #2 at least.
There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. -Leonard Churh, Red vs. Blue
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Hey there!

Personally, I would suggest posting the rules/large document as an OOC post in its own right in the relevant genre. A reference post, if you like.

Then I'd create a second, "interest check" post, describing what you intend to do with a link to the reference thread. The thread won't be going anywhere so as long as you make sure you link to it in any subsequent OOC opening posts, it'll be easily accessible.

Hope that helps and drop me a line if you need any play-by-post advice or guidance.

Thanks,

Sammy
<center>

Fancy a drink? Drop by The Blue Planet - we're always open!
Avianmosquito
Traveller
Traveller

Postby Avianmosquito » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Sammy wrote:Hey there!

Personally, I would suggest posting the rules/large document as an OOC post in its own right in the relevant genre. A reference post, if you like.

Then I'd create a second, "interest check" post, describing what you intend to do with a link to the reference thread. The thread won't be going anywhere so as long as you make sure you link to it in any subsequent OOC opening posts, it'll be easily accessible.

Hope that helps and drop me a line if you need any play-by-post advice or guidance.

Thanks,

Sammy

Yeah, that should work. I'll start the play by post on monday, by then there should have been plenty of revisions.
There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. -Leonard Churh, Red vs. Blue
WebsterR
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby WebsterR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks a lot for the solution.
I had the same tricky question.
Now I know what I should do)

Postby Sammy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Glad to be of help.

And welcome, Webster! :)
<center>

Fancy a drink? Drop by The Blue Planet - we're always open!
amzee75
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby amzee75 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

ME ALSO HAPPEND SAME PROBLAM AGAIN
arslan tahir
Avianmosquito
Traveller
Traveller

Postby Avianmosquito » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Given how common this issue is, I vote sticky.

Return to “Newbie Support Guild”