RPG Forums Online

Quick 1x1

This section is for one on one role plays only for the Traditional Fantasy genre.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Quick 1x1

Postby Tudutsujin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:39 pm

I am looking for a 1 on 1 RP with a quick post rate. Something like 3 times a week or more. Posts don't need to be big. Something bigger than 1 paragraph would be required though. I would prefer it to be a co-oprative story. Something like a 2 person D&D campaign or what have you, but I am open to Versus match as long as it is something interesting. Serious or humorous maybe a touch of both. I am just looking for a fun way to kill time here and there throughout the week, but will be good enough that I can look back on it with fondness in years to come.

Anyone interested or have ideas?
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:45 am

I know this post is getting a little old, but are you still looking for an RP partner? I've been away from RP for awhile and am itching to get back into it. I'd definitely be up for a D&D-esque game.

If you're still looking, we'll start brainstorming. :)
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:15 pm

I found a 1 on 1 partner already, but it looks like the other RP I was in is either dead or dying. I only see 1 post a month in it these days so I am willing to pick up another 1x1. They seem easier to sustain.

Over all the years I have been in and out of this site I can remember your name so I know I can trust the quality of your work. Lets start brain storming and see what we can come up with.

Do you play D&D and if so what edition? I usually use the D&D website to create quests and characters so I am stuck in 4.0e

What kind of character do you like to play, cloak and dagger, brute strength DPS, mage, tank, archer, support, healer? I usually play a big kind hearted brute tank or dps. Although, I have been playing around with the idea of a priest like character that does heavy healing and slight crowd control.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:37 pm

I've played very little actual D&D, but have played other games similar to early D&D editions. (Castles and Crusades, Swords and Wizardry, Dungeon Crawl Classics) I played 3.5 once and spent a heck of a long time figuring out how to make a character, then a fraction of that time actually playing. I haven't ever tried 4th edition.

I generally prefer more free-form character creation for play-by-post games, but am willing to give the character generator on the website a whirl if you want to go that route. :)

As for character concept... hmmm... I generally tend toward the ranger type, but am flexible depending on what kind of story we want. I don't even mind playing a few characters if it makes for a better story.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 pm

I really enjoy using the 4.0e from the website for the very reason of avoiding your 3.5 experience. When I played 3.5e I remember spending hours in the book store rather than buying all the books to look through. Then I played a few days of actual D&D before the group disbanded. It was very frustrating. With the website is it more like character creation in an MMO. All the information from all the books is right there at your finger tips and all you have to do is click through the options. You know you are never breaking any rules or making any mistakes and when you are all done it calculates everything out for you. You end up with little playing cards with all your moves and equipment on them. Each card tells you are + to attack rolls what dice to roll and every little detail. Only down side is that it has a subscription fee. If you aren't already subscribed to the site we should probably go with something a bit more free form like you are used to.

I have several quest lines already built out. We can play one of those and see how it goes. Each of them are build for a 3-4 person party though so we would indeed be playing several characters. I could play healer and barbarian while you play ranger and tank. This would allow us to make awesome combos in combat. You giving cover fire to your tank and me healing my barb while he recklessly kills.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:58 am

I could definitely make up a ranger and a tank. What sort of power level are you thinking? Low-medium-high?
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:16 am

I like to start adventures with low level characters. I feel like it gives us plenty of room to grow without become gods all of a sudden and it gives our story more of a realistic and gritty beginning. I find it fun to start out with only 2-3 cool abilities and watch it progress. Forces us to be a little creative at times.

Of course if you prefer to start off with mid to high level characters I am open to that idea too. I am not as used to that but it could be really fun.

I guess think of our characters as level 10 out of 60? That gives us plenty of powers, but plenty of progress to go from there.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm

What about a traditional fantasy version of the zombie apocalypse? I think that could be a pretty fun idea too. Just throwing it out there. For story line I think that could be a fun situation to put our little party into.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Still interested Silithsel? If you don't reply within a week I will open this topic back up to anyone else.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 am

Sorry for my posting slackerness! :oops:

The zombie idea could be interesting. And yep, low level characters are my preference too. It's fun to stick them into situations a little too big for them to handle and see if they can get out of some sticky situations.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:17 am

Alright, how about this story line for a start.

There is a zombie outbreak in a small town outside of a major city and two clerics (Us) are sent in to clean up the mess. We can continue to meet people and switch out characters (Die) as the story moves on.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:46 am

I like it! Are you okay with jumping right in? Or should we do character sheets?
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:39 am

I think we can just give a general idea of our characters here before we start. What kind of role are you hoping to fill? DPS, Tank, Healer, CC?

My preference for my character in this story would be Healer if not I love going Tank, but if I have to I will go DPS or CC.

We are doing this free form right? I can't remember.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Yep, freeform! What do DPS and CC stand for?

I'm cool with starting with us both being clerics. Mine can get killed off at some point. Then I like playing a character with ranged combat, so perhaps a ranger type. :)
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:51 pm

DPS stands for Damage Per Second. That is the player in the party that maximizes their damage out put and gets things killed. They can either hit really hard from time to time like a fighter class with a two handed weapon or hit very often like a rogue with two weapons.

CC stands for Crowd Control. This player puts the enemy where we wont them. They may be a wizard with force magic that throws all the enemies to the opposite side of the room so that the ranger and shoot them full of arrows or they may pull all the enemies into one spot so that we can concentrate out attacks on one area.

If you want your character to die you can go tank and try to take all the hits. Have a high armor class cleric with smith undead and rebuke undead spells. I can be a healer that keeps you alive. It would be hard for us to kill things but it would be hard for them to kill us too haha. Then we can run into a ranger class who will become our DPS for the party. We get cornered and suddenly arrows from a roof top save our lives. Sounds nice. You can play both tank and DPS until there is a good point for self sacrifice. The tank can hold everyone off long enough for my healer and your ranger to make it out alive.

Story practically writes itself.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, sounds like there is a plan! Do you already have something in mind for an intro? Or should I get to work on one?
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 am

I have a few ideas of an into, but I don't want to take all the fun. Feel free to write in the intro. I'll go with the flow and work my character into the story. The only thing that needs to be in it is that we are two clerics sent to a zombie infested town hoping to clear it out before it hits the city.

Hope you don't mind, but I planned on playing my character with a bit of humor.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 am

Of course if you feel more comfortable I could always make the first post. Not sure if you are still interested in the idea or not. If you made a first post I am afraid I missed it and would need a link. If you didn't post and you are still interested and have the time to play it I can get things started.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:35 am

I'm interested, just haven't quite figured out a good cleric character or intro. If you've got an intro in mind, maybe it'll give me some inspiration. :)
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 am

Alright, I will make an intro post either tonight or tomorrow. Like I said before I plan on giving my character a bit of a humorous tone. I am shooting for something along the lines of A 1970's pimp mixed with Mr. Satan from DBZ. Should be fun.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Dang, sorry I spaced on this. I will make a note to self and try to get this intro up tomorrow.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm

No biggie. I was struggling with a good intro as well, so completely understand. :)

Also, just in case you'd find it appealing, another adventurer wouldn't hurt here:

http://rpgforumsonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42273
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah. I am already in 2 different 1x1 RPs I guess it wouldnt hurt to just join up with your group RP. Could be fun. It looks like you already have a priest for a healer and a barbarian for damage. I could play a ranger type or armored tank type character. I could even manage a mage if you think it would be better for the party.
Silithsel
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Silithsel » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:00 am

Pick anything you want. :) I've only got a rough framework for the adventure, so don't mind tailoring it to the characters.
Tudutsujin
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tudutsujin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:51 pm

It looks like you may already have 5 or 6 people in your RP. Seems a bit crowded in my opinion. May just stick to making this one on one or I will keep my eye out for a different D&D RP that is less crowded.

Return to “Traditional 1x1 OOC”