RPG Forums Online

Suggest an RP

This guild is for all the new members to hang out and get to know the site. The mods and members are happy to help get you started in RPs and help you feel welcome on this site.

Moderators: Duisternis, Train_of_Thought, Shewolf13, Sammy

Sammy

Suggest an RP

Postby Sammy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 pm

<center>:redbullet:Newbie Support Guild's 'Suggest an RP':redbullet:</center>

Are you a new member have have recently created your own RP? Let us know here! Or, alternatively, have you been here a while but have or are part of an RP looking for more players or perhaps an RP you think would be particularly suited for our new members!

I'll be keeping a list here of available RPs. If you would like an RP to be added, post a link and a short description below, thank you!
<center>

Fancy a drink? Drop by The Blue Planet - we're always open!
etondmt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby etondmt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 am

I have a new rp that is in the modern era and has to do with a immortal society that uses humans (which are an endangered species) to harvest enough blood for the city of vampires while there is a war with the invasion of the werewolves to the north. If anyone is interested you can pm me or just head to the thread and take it from there!
the great one! well..just me...nick!!
Swashbuckler
Layman
Layman

Postby Swashbuckler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Tis a Sci-Fi Fantasy RP that I just set a couple days ago called Army of One [title pending change]. The setting is in deep space in a far off fictional galaxy penned Aseniaa (Aseniaan Galaxy) and within that lies a solar system consisting of seven planets. Six planets are controlled by a different alien race and the seventh is uninhabited.

The story is that Earth has been destroyed and a group of four humans--three from NASA, one just a regular teenager with big dreams--and they are drifting through space to find a new planet they can call home. With the radar upon the space shuttle, the humans discover seven different planets in this solar system. The humans wish to colonize the mysterious seventh planet they were told about, many of the alien leaders want the seventh planet for themselves, and one of the aliens wants to blow it up.

There's so much more to explain, but that's the basic gist.
etondmt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby etondmt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 am

sounds like a blast! i would love to participate
ChaosShadoWolfe
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby ChaosShadoWolfe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm

I've been wondering, and considering the logic on this site is practically the same as on my other RPG message boards, I wish to try to mod a game.

I got an idea but it's REALLY complex at the moment, I first want an interest check before I go through the trouble of setting it all up(it's a whole lot of work that needs to be prepared to prevent god modding(partial god modding))

In a nutshell:
Sci-fi, One organization has practically dominated two thirds of the galaxy, and the final third is near inhabitable due to numerous reasons. The player can either choose between that organization, or a rebel faction consisting of SPACE PIRATES! Just kidding, they're just rebels that love to call themselves pirates.

Each faction has their own strengths and weaknesses. For example, the organization has less vessels but the vessels are more sturdy than those of the rebels, and vice versa(the rebels have more vessels but are less sturdy). The idea is probably in the first stages of development, and I really need to know how many people would like to join it. If there are enough, I'll be sure to steam-roll myself through it all to make sure I can deliver a proper RPG, and if not... well, it was worth a shot.

Is this viable? Is this practical? or is this just plain stupidity? I really don't want to spoil too much, and the plot line is completely player oriented, that much I can say.
etondmt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby etondmt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 am

ChaosShadoWolfe wrote:I've been wondering, and considering the logic on this site is practically the same as on my other RPG message boards, I wish to try to mod a game.

I got an idea but it's REALLY complex at the moment, I first want an interest check before I go through the trouble of setting it all up(it's a whole lot of work that needs to be prepared to prevent god modding(partial god modding))

In a nutshell:
Sci-fi, One organization has practically dominated two thirds of the galaxy, and the final third is near inhabitable due to numerous reasons. The player can either choose between that organization, or a rebel faction consisting of SPACE PIRATES! Just kidding, they're just rebels that love to call themselves pirates.

Each faction has their own strengths and weaknesses. For example, the organization has less vessels but the vessels are more sturdy than those of the rebels, and vice versa(the rebels have more vessels but are less sturdy). The idea is probably in the first stages of development, and I really need to know how many people would like to join it. If there are enough, I'll be sure to steam-roll myself through it all to make sure I can deliver a proper RPG, and if not... well, it was worth a shot.

Is this viable? Is this practical? or is this just plain stupidity? I really don't want to spoil too much, and the plot line is completely player oriented, that much I can say.

Dont care when you get it done but when you do get it done.....LET ME IN ON IT!!! that is all
Shewolf13

Postby Shewolf13 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 am

ChaosShadoWolfe wrote:I've been wondering, and considering the logic on this site is practically the same as on my other RPG message boards, I wish to try to mod a game.

In a nutshell:

This is very doable dear ^^ I suggest putting up an OOC or at least an interest check with a bit more information for players and see what happens ^^ When things get going, you can do a separate information thread to keep things neat and tidy and so you and your players have access to it.
Sig by Wadj!
Hey guys! Vote for the Quarterly Quill Awards!
etondmt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby etondmt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:38 am

Great idea!
ChaosShadoWolfe
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby ChaosShadoWolfe » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 pm

etondmt wrote:

In a nutshell:

Dont care when you get it done but when you do get it done.....LET ME IN ON IT!!! that is all

The thread in the OOC part of the Sci-Fi section is already up, I prefer keeping it a bit shady until I can say with 100% guarantee that I can get it off the ground, I don't want others to steal the idea from me now, would I?
etondmt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby etondmt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm

course not!
playersdie
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby playersdie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am

I'm in need of joining more rps an starting up some more. In the modern era I have one I'm trying to start up called demon hunt, please check it out.
CorwinHavens
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mass Effect: Casualty's Cost

Postby CorwinHavens » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:59 am

Hello there

I hope this is the right section to post this. This site was recommended to me by friends as one that has great RPers. I'm running a forum-based RP called Mass Effect: Casualty's Cost.

Here's the URL for the site: http://casualtyscost.freeforums.net/

Here's the premise. I hope it isn't too long...

The Premise:

The Year: 2185 CE, one month after the conclusion of Mass Effect 2

Shepard's suicide run was a success and he has returned from the Omega 4 Relay. Emily Wong broke the story with an exclusive interview with Commander Shepard, captivating the imagination of the entire galaxy. Doubts still exist about the existence of the Reapers, but the existence of the Collectors is now an accepted fact.

The belief that the Collector threat was now over with the destruction of their base was sadly mistaken. While the Collectors were not suddenly super aggressive, many were disheartened to see that Collector ships were still active around the Terminus System. At current count, there are nine Dreadnought-sized Collector ships that are active.

There are small companies out there that are dedicated to salvage operations. They aren't as noteworthy as the larger ones, but they are still around. One of them in particular, Bridges Unlimited, specializes in excavating ruins. This small company has been in business for close to 10 years and has built up a minor reputation among the archaeological community as a grave robbers. It's not that Bridges Unlimited robs anything, they tend to sell off what they uncover to the highest bidder, which frequently upsets the academic elite as they do not have the resources to purchase interesting artifacts.

Your characters come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of them secret, some more out-in-the-open. Some of you ex-Alliance. Some of you maybe former Asari Commandos. Now, you are all mercenaries. Mercenaries get work based on their reputation. If information brokers heard of your character, then your character will get consistent work coming their way. Reputation matters more than anything else in the mercenary world. If you complete jobs and no complaints are levied against you, you have a good rep. If your employer mysteriously dies or you don't complete mission, then your reputation will go down. Fortunately, your character has a decent reputation because you are approached by someone who claims to be an agent of the Shadow Broker. It can be in person or through your omnitool's messages, or maybe e-mail. Either way, you are given a job offer.

A former mercenary named Esteban Bridges paid the Shadow Broker a considerable amount of money to hire the best mercenaries for an extended mission. Estaban was following up a lead on one of the moons of the planet Ploba when a Collector vessel landed. Fortunately for him, he escaped undetected. His team was slaughtered. You see, Esteban found a set of ruins on that moon that he believes will shed light on the strange anomalies detected within Ploba. You are hired to help him return to the moon and take care of the Collector threat there. He wants to reclaim the ruins.

It's not known what will be discovered. But one thing is for certain: the Collectors have their eye on it.[/img]

Return to “Newbie Support Guild”