RPG Forums Online

Wizard Tears -Resurrection- (OOC- CLOSED)

This is the out of character forum for Mature Fantasy

Moderator: Merxiel Othir

Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Wizard Tears -Resurrection- (OOC- CLOSED)

Postby Prism » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:56 pm

In a world way before ours or may I say, other then ours, there was a world. A world of knowledge and magic. The time was peaceful and five kingdoms lived in harmony with each other (you will learn about all the kingdoms as the story goes). Then for no particular reason at all, one empress decided she desired more then she could have. She decided to go out on a war to dominate the world...and in that fight she won and conquered that world creating a new, single, Empire. She convinced the people that her goal is a nobel and divine one, that all she wants is peace and harmony in the world, thus many people and races welcomed the coming of the new Empire with open arms, quickly forgetting the blood-shed that preceded it. The only thing that she allowed is that only an empress will rule, only a female can rule. They say she cast the world into a dark shadow, masked as a divine cause, and those after her are no exception, but no one is sure if it really was just a lie or if she really had a greater good on her mind.

Long time after that story was forgotten in the folds of time, its our time. Only one thing remained and that is the part that the empresses rule the world. Many organisations, made out of rebels and people who no longer tolerated the Empire, formed and devoted themselves to bring back the five kingdoms and what they believe is the true peace, while others set out to persue their own personal goals. But something has changed. The Empire is showing signs of increased activity of magnitude that hasn´t been seen since the days before it was established. Something´s about to happen and whatever it´ll be, it probably won´t be nice...

There are four factions that you can be in
[spoiler]The Empire
Any Nobel, solider and the people under them say, they want to gain peace in the world and won´t stop at nothing to gain it. To this group belongs almost everyone except the ones in the resistances of EA and DoE. You can choose to have any rank in the army and even people that are not in the army but they want to help the empire in some way.

Eve Awakening
An organization that wants the empire down and to hang all people related to the royalty. Their methods are terrorism and power. They are larger then Dawn of Era by far. They are like a little army (the org. has ranks and you can choose almost any rank).

The ranks for EA and the Empire are almost the same and they go like this:

a. The leader (for EA) - is a hard right (politically) -NPC
b. High counselor - the one that help the empress/the leader of EA to decide what to do.
c. General - second in command and control of the army. The generals also help make the decisions (the generals in the Empire can't betray the Empress because of their deep belief in the ideals of the empire).
d. Captain - the Captain is a solider that has proven himself on the battlefiled or on a high risk mission. And on few occasions its been heard that a Capitan has the same power (strength and magic) with the generals.
e. Squad leader - solider that got promoted
f. Soldier - normal solider

The ranks don't say how powerful one is (beside the general, you need to have some power to be one, most of the time). You can be a normal solider and be as powerful as the Captain.

Dawn of Era
A group of people that want to do the same as EA but do not want to use terror for this. They are much more mysterious and more hard to find. Their main goal is to take down the royalty but they do not want to kill innocent people on the way. They achieve their goals by secret mission and low casualty assasinations. Also almost evrey one in DoE is not just a brainless solider that will follow orders like a robot but a more sofisticated individual.

a. Leader - well the leader in DoE is smart and also powerful. -NPC
b. Second in command - helps the leader make the decisions.
c. Spy - an elite individual that was made and trained very hard to be able to do high risk mission and gather info from the Empire and sometimes from EA.
d. Commando - The elite fighting force of the DoE. These units favore strength and fighting ability over stealth. All have been proven capable fighters, so they're generally used for large-scale attacks or taking care of stronger enemies.

e. Normal solider - they act as guards or for easy missions and are also the first step to turning into either a commando or a spy.

The Empire and EA also have spies but not as well trained as the ones in DoE.

None of the above
You are free to do what you want and to help who you want but later on it's a 100% that you will join one of them.[/spoiler]

Races
[spoiler]Human
Normal in all ways. Yet they have highest control over destructive magic (Fire, frost, air, water, death...etc etc), hand to hand combat and most of the weaponry there is. They are fairly strong and resiliant (more than elves).

Elves
Much more nimble and have better hearing and eye sight from the humans. Most of the elves will be able to do magic and the magic they´re good at is healing and power ups magic (improve speed improve sight etc etc)...very good with ranged weapons and smaller side-arms (daggers). They are among (if not) the fastes race but they are not so phisically strong.

Half Elf
They have better hearing, eye sight and they are more nimble then humans but they loose to normal elves in all of that since they are a combination of human and elf. They can use also most of the weaponry and they excel in summoning, materializeing weapons and other things.

Orcs
A very war like race. They are green skinned and very strong. Usually there intelligence isn't that great but some Orcs are actually very smart. They tend to settle there differences with war but they have a code of honor which they always follow. They are about 8 feet tall. They are among the strongest races in known existance when it comes to brute strength.

Half Orcs
Half Orcs are half Orcs and half humans. They are treated pretty badly but they are pretty strong and fast. They look like humans expect they are much bigger and are seven feet tall. They usually are used to send messages between humans and orcs during times of war. They tend to live in exile.

Tiefling
These are ordinary people who are descended from demons, they usually bear ome sort of physical trait that resembles their kind e.g. horns, hoofed feet, tail, wings. They are usually treated with suspiciona nd hatred due to their "dark ancestry" Sometimes this can lead to violence, to avoid this tieflins are usually tought froma young age how to survive and avoid being seen, because of this they can make excelent thieves or infiltrators. A tieflings eyesight is unique because it does not suffer while it is dark. Just because a tiefling is descended from darkness does not gaurantee that they will be evil...Its just that enough turn that way due to their harsh treatment that the steryotype tends to stick.

Aasimar
These are ordinary people who are descended from a heavenly source. They usually have wings like an angels they tend to be treated better than tieflings. Their wings allow them to fly and they naturally have an aptitude for healing others with magic to such an extent that they do not require a spell incantation for some healing spells. However Aasimars are quite rare since it is said that their blood can prolong ones life almost two-fold, so they have been, and probably still are, hunted by some.

Mithrii
These beings are half human and half cat. They have quick reflexes and they are almost as fast as elves. They also can use magic and they are skilled in some destructive arts. Though their magic may not be as strong as a humans, the Mithrii still have magic that can be hard to deal with like illusions etc. They are also very intuned with nature. This race has been accepted into society while some of the others haven't.

Dragon Disciples
Dragon Disciples usually live in communities known as "temples". All members of the temple are equal exept for the elder, which is a dragon. All dragon disciples have these in common: they begin looking like regular humans, their hair and eye colour will be differ depending on the type of dragon they are descended from and they will all learn at some point a breath attack that will again differ depending on the type of dragon they are descended from.

Their lifecycle is different from a humans because once they are 21 they appear to stop growing but over time they will become more and more draconic.

The individual temples all have different allegancies. Some serve the empire while others are neutral or against the empire. An average dragon disciple and an average human would be one pair both in speed and power.

Witch Hunter
Witch Hunters hate all magic users. They are usually born and brought up with the intense hatred of mages, magic users and all things magical. Ironically, they have thier own type of magic called "Witch Hunt" which they use to hunt magic. They live in a clan and if a person in the clan can't use his/her Witch Hunt, they are exiled or killed because they are believed to be sympathetic to magic users. Ranks in the clan depends on how strong you are. If a person tries to leave the clan, they are hunted down and killed. There are spies in every organization that try to convince the organization to help the Witch Hunters and thier cause. Their ultimate goal is to create a magic-free world, be it Empire-ruled or not.

The magic they can use is diffrent from witch hunter to witch hunter and is limited to only one type of spell per person plus no two Witch Hunters can preform the same kind of magic. Witch Hunters get slightly faster and stronger then normal humans when some magic is in use but this boost is only temporla.

NOTE: Being a witch hunter is both a job and a class. You can't be a witch hunter and a mage or a warrior etc etc.[/spoiler]

Class
[spoiler]Magician
Mages are reveared as great and powerful individuals posessing arcane forces and the power to comand them. Mages are divided into many archtypes like necromancers, summoners, elementalists, illusionists, etc.
They are mostly wise people but they are not that good at fighting since they train their minds more than their body.

Warrior
The warrior is the ideal close combat fighter. They are very strong and resistant and can carry weapons much heavier then others. They prefere melee weaponry with which they can fight like no other, though they are no strangers to range weapons as well. Warrriors prefere brute strength over stratgy but that doesn´t mean they are brainless bugs.

Rogue
The art of stealth and camouflage. They are better with daggers and shorts swords than heavy weaponry and prefere ambushes and traps to face-to-face battles. (If you are a spy that doesn't mean you have to be a rogue. It's just that you will be able to steal things better and hide more effectivelly. That´s all). Rogues are more agile than warriors however no rogue can beat a warrior in a fair 1 on 1 comabt.

Marksman
Their use of range weapons is extraordinary to say the least. They can shoot a target dead center from far away (with the proper weapon and skill) but unlike warriors they are not that good at hand-to-hand combat and prefer retreat to direct confrontation but they can hold their own in a fight.

Other?
Of caurse, there are those who don´t like to chose from the pre-set list. Those are free to chose any other class they think they like but only after consulting me first! (I will be mostly generous but even I won´t tolerate some things =D)
[/spoiler]

Little about this world
[spoiler] DoE is a secret organization...which means that a normal person on the street won't even know what or who DoE is. Also EA don't want to be find out as easily as well. So keep that in mind.

Also, if you do belong to EA or DoE you DON´T want to get caught by the Empire. So that's why a normal sane person from EA or DoE won't wear or do something that would make them stand out too much.

Another thing, EA doesn't hate DoE or the opposite. Each just don't like the other organization's main idea or philosophy.

EA are not cold blooded killers that will kill anyone just because they can. They need to have a reason for their terror. You must agree that if you put a bomb in the market to kill innocent people, it won't do much for EA just get them hated by the people and they don't want that (probably). What EA can do is to put a bomb or attack an Empire post/money wagon. Because the main idea is to attack the Empire and not the people. Although, if an innocent people get in the way, it won't stop them.

DoE won't kill someone important from the Empire if an innocent bystander MIGHT! get hurt. So in the most part even if there is a slight possibility for a bystander to get hurt, they will abort the mission.

This is a medieval world so no futuristic items.

Magic - Oh yes, the greatest problem of every fantasy based RP. What is it and how to use it ? Well, here magic is a part of everyday life but at the same time it isn´t something many are proud of. Mages exist and people known of them. Some want to be like them, others just don´t care and the rest are after their blood. Casting a spell takes time, it is even harder in battles since you need concentration which is scarce in a battle so mages are almost newer seen alone unless they are really really powerful(which none of you is at the start...where would be the fun in that ? =D ).

Different mages have different ways of casting their spells, like waving their hands or rhyming the incantation. It all depends on the individual. Some don´t even need to make a move or speak a word but they just imagine in their mind what spell they want to use, ofc. this also takes time like any other form its just considered more convinient.[/spoiler]

Character Template

Code: Select all

[b]Name[/b]: (Its nice having one)
[b]Age[/b]: (pls, nothing under at least 17. I know its modern these days but I like to keep things "real")
[b]Race[/b]: (Plenty to choose from)
[b]Class[/b]:
[b]Where you stand[/b]: (Empire, Eve Awakening, Dawn of Era, just someone)
[b]Rank[/b]: (if you have one)
[b]Appearance[/b]: (pic or description, whichever you prefer)
[b]Bio[/b]: (Everyone was born and everyone has a story to tell. You don´t have to write a book but please, NO ONE-LINERS !)

A word of wisdom:

The Rp is a mystery...yes, all the better for you to be creative and show others what you´re made of. Of caurse you will learn more about this world (what are/were the former 5 kingdoms, what kind of magic items there are and so on) even from my NPCs posts, so that might give you more working material if you´ll need however this RP DOES follow a story but its content will be revealed over time so if you don´t feel like thinking just wait for a plot twits ;)

If something is unclear do tell and I´ll make sure to help to the best of my abilities.

A "few" RULES:

1) I am the GM and my word is LAW ! You don´t like ? No one is holding you here.
2) Have Fun. Be nice to others and they´ll be nice to you (or else :twisted: ). Enjoy this as a relaxing escape from reality not a mundane task.
3) As in the Bio: NO ONE-LINERS ! If you can´t write at least one or two decent paragraphs, don´t join this RP.
4) There WILL BE posting order ! I know this migth ruin the thing for some but so can the fact that 2-3 people with loads of time will just play by themselves leaving others behind. (However even if there will be order I wont halt the entire thing just coz you are going on a vacation. If anyone is going away let me/others know and we´ll deal with it accordingly or you will be considered as no longer active and booted from the RP. You have been warned.)
5) Did I mention Have Fun ? :D

Due to rule no.4, I´m limiting the number of players to 5 + me (if there even will be so many xD ). From experience I learned that in RP more, doesn´t necesarily equal better so first come, first serve. (I might make exceptions but not more than +2, even those will have to be proven a worthy addition to the RP first)

(Disclaminer: Some credits for this RP go to my friend. Thx for the idea mate, wherever you are)
Last edited by Prism on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Be careful what you wish for, it might just get you."
Dominique
Hopeless Romantic

Postby Dominique » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Edit: I took the liberty of putting all the Character Sheets into my post, so I don't have to go looking through the entire OOC whenever I want to look something up. Hope that's okay ^^

The French Republican Calendar

Posting Order:
Prism
Dominique
Pilgrim
KazeTanade

Pilgrim
[spoiler]
Name: Joseph, but he goes under the alias of Seven
Race: Human
Class: Marksman
Where you stand: Dawn of Era
Appearance:
Bio:
Once upon a time, there was a man named Seven.

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Joseph.

Seven was dashing. He was roguish, a heart-breaker, a scandalous, charming, urbane man. He was strong. He was brave and gallant and brash. And best of all, he was free.

Joseph was loving. He was kind, a tender, caring, and loyal boy. He was sweet. He was inspired and innocent and dreaming. But free? That he was not.

Alley-baby, then Chantry boy, then as age robbed him of his innocence, a cast-out feral street rat. Long hours running the rooftops, longer nights in the pit, all for crumbs of bread and spoonfuls of water. That was all he knew how to do. That was all he was good for. A work animal. Well, there was this other thing, but it was so insignificant. He knew how to read.

And there was this book.

The Heroic Adventures of Domiticus VII. The ultimate hero. The greatest man who ever lived. Domiticus could go anywhere, do anything, have everything. Food, women, money, power. Everything. And for a boy who has nothing . . .

He's learned that the world doesn't love Joseph. But Seven? This enigma, this surface mask of machismo and aplomb that hid everything that was despicable and revolting, everything that was that horrid Joseph boy. It worked. They loved him when he was Seven. Seven was free. Seven was brave. Seven was heroic.

And maybe, just maybe, he could try hard enough to trick himself into believing that Seven was real.
[/spoiler]

Prism
[spoiler]
Name: Jace Scryer
Race: Witch Hunter
Class: Witch Hunter
Where you stand: Empire (for now)
Appearance:

Bio: As the first born of the next generation of Witch Hunters, Jace was always under constant pressure from his surroundings. The elders in his clan idealised him as a new, better and stronger generation and thus also treated him that way. From the day he was able to walk to the day he was finally able to go on his first mission he was trained day and night in the arts of Witch Hunting. His first mission came when he reached "true" adulthood at the age of 19. It was a harsh trial through fire (literally since his oponent was a fire mage). Suffering great injuries Jace somehow managed to win even against the odds thanks to luck and his Witch Hunt ablility called simply "Silencer". It is an ability that cuts the targets connection to the arcane, temporarly making them unable to cast any spells and negating the efects of any in use, however it lasts only a few seconds and takes a lot of time before it can be used again so timimg is beyond vital. After few months of recuperation Jace was sent into the Empires services to work for them while keeping an eye out for any imperial mages that might spark his clans interest. A double agent if you will. Thanks to his skills he quickly climbed the military ladder and was soon assigned as the commanding officer of a special Empire strike force unit. The unit is one of few that answers only to the highest personal in the military. From here Jace continued his observation ever since. [/spoiler]

Dominique
[spoiler]Name: Iris "Gwen" Wyville
Race: Tiefling
Class: Rogue
Appearance:
Like most Tieflings, Iris possesses a few unique characteristics that make her stand out from ordinary humans (although she manages to conceal her features for the largest part). It's her blessing that her eyes are not the eerie yellow or silver of her parents but a pale, but strangely intense green that appear to glint in total darkness. Her appearance is strangely contradictory to her race - if anything, at first sight you'd think her innocent, naive even and although easy on the eyes she's not someone you'd remember more than the three seconds you'd recall the face of any passer-by on the street. This is partially due to her self-taught demeanour; a Tiefling rogue knows better than to stand out, and so she ensures that the features that set her apart from ordinary humans go unnoticed. Her gaze is usually cast down to avoid people noticing the intense colour of her eyes. Her Tiefling assets are difficult to discern but they're definitely there. Her spine, for instance, is more sharply defined, and more pointy to the touch. Of course, that is easily hidden with the right kind of clothing. She used to possess horns, modest ones mind you, but in her time working for the DoE she had them removed (something that is not by far as simple or quickly done as it sounds).

Biography:
Iris' life started out as ordinary as a Tiefling's life can be. Living in an insignificant house near an insignificant town on the border of a pretty insignificant forest, she grew up as one of three children to hard-working parents; peasants with a modest amount of land. They weren't wealthy but they weren't too poor to keep their family clothed and bathed. Nor Iris, nor her siblings enjoyed more than basic education, but at least they knew to read and write. Their knowledge of plants, trees and most forest animals, however, is excellent. The family kept to themselves most of the time and had little contact with the other villagers; with good reason, Iris' parents shielded their offspring from the rest of the world as much as possible. But when Iris reached teen-hood, keeping her from exploring the village became more and more impossible. Curious as she was, the girl would often sneak out of the house at night and head out into town. One such occasion she got bold -too bold- and joined a festive crowd with nothing but a hood to cover her head. Of course she was found out, and one look at her horns got half the town mocking, shouting and in anger over her hiding amongst humans. In tears she returned home, where a furious father locked her in her room for disobeying her parents. Overcome by emotions she escaped -of course she escaped- and fled the town altogether, never to return.

Thief, monster, criminal, the townsfolk had called her, and from then on a thief she became, obtaining food and clothing and even shelter in less than admirable ways. Iris found that wherever she went, people would distrust and often shun her, and the longer she was out on her own, the more Iris began to confirm that prejudiced image the world had of Tieflings, and in the end she avoided people altogether.

But despite her talent for going unnoticed and obtaining what she needed when the world was asleep, it was only a matter of time before the still somewhat naive teenager got caught. It was her luck that the owner of the establishment she had craftily gained entry to did not instantly hand her to the authorities. Instead, he made her an offer, and the girl, terrified to spend the rest of her barely started life in prison, accepted before even very well knowing what the exact terms of the deal would be.

The man introduced her to the Dawn of Era, although it was a long time before she knew it as such. Iris met others like her, Tieflings but also humans and elves, quick and agile, and talented at the things she had been doing for the past months. But unlike Iris, these people didn't use their gifts to steal and scam.

Over the course of several years they taught her many things, and by the time she turned twenty, Iris was a skilled rogue and spy ready to do some real work. The innocent child she had been when she first joined the group was still visible in her appearance, but on the inside she had undergone a vast transformation; every word she spoke had a hidden meaning, for every move she made she had planned ahead two more. Every room she was in Iris knew to instantly find possible escape routes and where to expect an ambush or a trap. She was ready. Except for one thing.

It's probably important to mention that the Dawn of Era never forced her to remove her horns - the most significant point of recognition. As a Tiefling, she instantly stood out more in a crowd than an ordinary human would, which bothered Iris greatly, as she didn't want to spend the rest of life as a spy doing nothing but night time scouting missions. Although the procedure was horribly painful, having her recover for weeks from it, and left her with scars above her temples (they are cleverly concealed under her long, full hair) she'll pass for any other human at first glance.

A few assignments followed, and Iris found that acting was another undiscovered talent of hers. She's gone undercover more than one since, and at the time of the story, has been on an assignment for well over a year. Living under the roof of an elderly aristocrat as Gwen, a quiet young servant, she is closer to the empress and those that surround her than ever before.

Baroness de Courtenay is a lovely lady. Never married, she's fortunate enough to inherit land, funds and titles from her parents as a single child. Although once a strong woman, she is growing old and it's showing. Enter Iris, an innocent young woman who arrived at the estate looking for work. Starting as a chambermaid she has managed to gain the trust of the baroness and has by now become her confidante -the old woman is one of the very, very few to be aware that 'Gwen' isn't human, a secret that, once revealed, only added to the unconditional faith the baroness has in her servant - , accompanying her on her many trips to the royal court. Madame de Courtenay has many friends amongst the high aristocracy and even counts the Empress as one of the many people she is close to. In fact, she spends more time visiting than she does at her own estate so she can socialize with those she knows, and often stays there where the highest nobles live.
And old ladies sleep early, leaving long nights for Iris to find out what happens within the confines of the royal palace.[/spoiler]

KazeTanade
[spoiler]Name: Lyon Lacroix
Class: Duelist
[In simple terms, excels in 1-on-1 combat with a Saber, using the fencing style of swordplay most nobles know. It's a combat thing, so I would assume more like a warrior than a rogue.]
Where you stand: Nobility of the Empire / Eve Awakening
Appearance:

Bio:
Once upon a time, nobility stood for honour and chivalry; they were the royalty's most trusted, and the nation's army, ready upon beck and call of their master to serve for their country's defense. The people served them as much as they served the people. Now, with the Empire having taken over the world, and her armies standing and paid for out of royal coffers, the nobility has come under fire for being useless and out of date. However, this is only partially true.

Nobility is hereditary, but has its origins in two distinct branches. One of these branches involve family ties; being related to the royalty has its distinct perks, leaving many with land and titles and priviledges the common folk can only see in their wildest dreams. Yet these could be called parasites, living off taxes that they exort from the poor commoners of the lands they once earnt through service, and wasting it away on the frivolous and egoistical which gave birth to the second branch of nobility.

The other branch is grown with years of toil and suffering. Years of striving hard, penny-pinching to build an economical empire that would make a family powerful enough to stand head to head with a blue-blood, and never fear for its relative safety. It is a dark and dangerous world, more treacherous than the conniving politics of the blue-bloods. It requires a level head, a shrewed mind, and ruthlessness to make what is not yours become yours; as the saying goes, gold is a fickle friend, and any wrong move may result in disaster that would destroy a person's life.

Yet through the risk and turmoil that this path brings, it also brings opportunity; where one kind of nobility thrives on their ability to spend on their every little whim, the other exists on hard work that provides the outlet for these frivolities, in fact encouraging them as what is a “right” for every member of nobility there is. So the pattern continues, until eventually, a royal claim to title exhausts their income supply. The debts grow large and impossible to handle, leaving them but two choices; to pawn off the rights to their land and the rights to their title as mere trading goods, or to attempt escape from the country but perish in the process.

The Viscount of Marseille, Lyon Lacroix, is the hereditary product of the second branch of nobility. His father, the previous Viscount Lacroix, had such an empire. Beginning his modest rise to power, he began his business ventures in small villages, becoming a trade center to help smaller villagers trade resources with each other, allowing smoother trade transactions which would help each village grow out of subsistence farming. This continued to evolve, growing from mere neccessity goods to providing stones and silk and cloth for the more lavicious markets of tailoring and jewelry. Eventually Sir Lacroix owned many of the businesses which the nobility frequented, and became a money lender well known to the richer circles.

One family of nobility came to him for a large sum of money to start a property venture in the Imperial City, but were unable to pay it back due to a bad decision of its investment. The debts could not be paid, and sir Lacroix offered them a deal; to sell their land and title in return of settling the debts. Thus he became Viscount of Marseille.

Soon after this, Lyon was born to him. Setting about to repair the failed investment of the previous Viscount, Lacroix began resettling some of his stores into the Imperial City, moving them from the country-side to the center of commerce. As Lyon grew up, his father would frequently bring him along to the city, grooming an heir to his ever increasing empire of money.

Lyon would pick up his father's shrewed business mind, as well as his ability to sense a good business venture. That was only natural with those frequent trips. But Lyon saw something in the city that made no sense to his young and naïve mind; he saw the broken district of beggars and the poor, its streets made of nothing more than dried dust and dirt with the bodies of those dying or close lying on the streets, the almost unbearably pugnent smell of feces and corpses which littered the hidden alleys of the district, an entirely different animal to the beautiful streets of the city's marketplace, the immaculate class district which were guarded by soldiers in splendidly respectable armor.

The images he would remember but not understand for years to come, while his father would tell him not to bother with the riff faff of the world.

Growing older, he often had chances to interract with other members of nobility as he learnt their way of life. But something was always amiss, something that did not feel right. He felt isolated, if not out of place in the society he was born into. The eyes of those nobles his father conversed with, whenever they chanced to glance upon him, were filled with emotion which he could not decipher. All he could tell was that it was a negative, dirty, ugly expression; an expression as ugly as the smug smirk they would have when speaking condescendingly to him, a boy nearing the age of adulthood.

He would never be an equal in their eyes, nor in the eyes of their offspring. The segration between them; he understood it to be discrimination. Discrimination, hate, perhaps even fear. Fear of a breed of people who were smarter, stronger than they were, who could one day threaten to displace them entirely. They discriminated against all else, thinking themselves the top of the food chain, as they attempted to force all others into submission. This was the conclusion Lyon came to, as to why there were two such different city districts, as to why they discriminated to him.

When sir Lacroix passed away and Lyon inherited the title of Viscount, he expanded his father's territory further, becoming a weapons dealer and informant to the Eve Awakening which had arisen in strength not too many years before. Under his superficial loyalty to the Empire lies a deep belief that the monarchy has lasted too long, and the obsolete nobility must be reformed into a meritocracy; and there was no better tool to do so than an organization which openly desires the Empire's downfall.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Dominique on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<center>Image</center>
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Like I sad, first comes first serves ... as long as you are willing to join the spot is yours and no one can take it so take all the time you need ^^

Arbiter
Machine Elf

Postby Arbiter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:59 am

Since my recent return i've been looking for something in a more traditional vein. And this has intrigue, so I thought Id give it a go.

My first idea was for a general of the Empress' armies. But truth be told I couldn't get Francis Walsingham out of my head. Specifically Geoffrey Rush's portrayal of him (not to mention the Nick Fury from Marvel 1602). Which is why if it works and it fits id like to take up a similar mantle. An advisor and master of spies as well as assassins.

If it works and you feel the role is needed lemme know. If not I have a great many ideas in the ole noodle.

Edit: Hehe it also just now occurs to me that being a Grand Advisor with magical ability, this guy is a snakeheaded staff and a turban away from being Jafar.

Name: Naberius
Class: Magician
Where you stand: The Empire
Rank: Officially he is the Advisor to the Empress herself. Unofficially he was also her master of spies and assassins.
Appearance: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bio: Naberius was born street trash. Although he would not use the term himself in all likelyhood. He had few choices growing up. He could be a peasant, or he could be a criminal. One was simply easier, which is why by 11 he was a thief. Then by 16 he was a cutthroat. By 20 he was employed as an assassin. It was in this position he was seen by the previous master of spies for the Empire. He was groomed for it, for the very position he now holds. But beneath this he was trained in something else. As an assassin his master had seen a knowledge of his enemies that went beyond what seemed natural. The Black Hand. To some it meant a secret society, to others a term for an individual, and to others yet a technique. In a way they were each true. It was a specific way of magic. Magic meant for the preservation of the Empire by any means possible. To burn into your enemies mind with your own. To speak over vast distances through dreams and even waking thoughts. To see through others eyes, and the eyes of things not even quite so human. The Black hand were dark magics, strange magics. Ones which were often required of a master of spies. At the age of forty the previous Master of Spies disappeared and Naberius took over. He wasn't consumed by a demon of his own summoning, eliminated, or sucked into the underworld or anything like that. In fact the man retired...it simply wasn't broadcast. One day he was simply gone, and Naberius was there. He has been there since.
<center>~Faith is a torment. It is like loving someone who is out there in the darkness but never appears, no matter how loudly you call. ~</center>
Ambrivian
The Crimson Assassin

Postby Ambrivian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 am

Looks like fun. I'll start writing up a CS for a female elf general, for the empire.

Would an Agile Magician be an acceptable class? She is a female and an elf..
<center>Image</center>
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:03 am

@Arbiter: The char looks nice and also has this old school feel to him, like there can´t a be a story where someone isn´t pulling the strings ^^. But he might be a double edged sword, since as an advisor he might miss out on some of the more immediate and action based portions of the RP if he wont decide to do things personally, but I see no problems so if you want him you have him. APPROVED!

@Ambrivian: Only Magician is a Class, the fact that she is agile is her own phisical trait so there is no problem with an agile mage but only as long as she´s swift of body not magic, meaning even if you´re agile you won´t spell-cast times faster than others.

Also for all that want to join or all that already voiced their interest, I only limited the number of players, not playable characters so if you think you can juggle 2 (or more) please, be my guest and make more. No one said everyone has to survive till the credit roll :twisted: (but lets not go crazy since we all know you´ll have 1-2 favs and others will rot away in time if not killed :D) But keep in mind, more chars mean longer posts. 1 paragraph per character is a required minimum or else he/she might meet an unfortunate end ;)

Ambrivian
The Crimson Assassin

Postby Ambrivian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 am

Swift of body, perfect. I'll get to work on her right away.
<center>Image</center>
Pilgrim
Picket-fence Buckaroo

Postby Pilgrim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:38 am

[spoiler]Name: Joseph, but he goes under the alias of Seven
Class: Marksman
Appearance: Image
Bio:

Once upon a time, there was a man named Seven.

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Joseph.

Seven was dashing. He was roguish, a heart-breaker, a scandalous, charming, urbane man. He was strong. He was brave and gallant and brash. And best of all, he was free.

Joseph was loving. He was kind, a tender, caring, and loyal boy. He was sweet. He was inspired and innocent and dreaming. But free? That he was not.

Alley-baby, then Chantry boy, then as age robbed him of his innocence, a cast-out feral street rat. Long hours running the rooftops, longer nights in the pit, all for crumbs of bread and spoonfuls of water. That was all he knew how to do. That was all he was good for. A work animal. Well, there was this other thing, but it was so insignificant. He knew how to read.

And there was this book.

The Heroic Adventures of Domiticus VII. The ultimate hero. The greatest man who ever lived. Domiticus could go anywhere, do anything, have everything. Food, women, money, power. Everything. And for a boy who has nothing . . .

He's learned that the world doesn't love Joseph. But Seven? This enigma, this surface mask of machismo and aplomb that hid everything that was despicable and revolting, everything that was that horrid Joseph boy. It worked. They loved him when he was Seven. Seven was free. Seven was brave. Seven was heroic.

And maybe, just maybe, he could try hard enough to trick himself into believing that Seven was real.[/spoiler]

Gosh, Tangled is influencing my characters. Anyway, hope this is good. Or at least, acceptable.
Last edited by Pilgrim on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

@Pilgrim: He looks good. I don´t see a reason why not to APPROVE him... looking forward to your posts.

Shadowdusk
Layman
Layman

Postby Shadowdusk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Here to take that fifth spot if it's all right with ya. Working on the CS now.
This is a signature. I'll do something with it later.
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 pm

fine with me ^^

OK, thats the 5 I wanted/needed

However dont give up just yet, out of those only 2 have been accepted so far so who knows :D plus I also said I can accept 2 more but that decison will be made AFTER I have accepted all 5 above... so currently waiting for the remaining 3 CS after that ... we´ll see ^^

Shadowdusk
Layman
Layman

Postby Shadowdusk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Name: Imetri DeMorte
Class: Warrior
Where you stand: The Empire
Bio: Born into a Witch Hunter family, Imetri's parents sacrificed themselves to ensure he was safe from the others of their clan. He is unable to utilize the witch hunter magic, but has instead taken his affinity in swordsmanship. An exile from his people, he was abandoned to the streets of the empire. The boy did the only thing he could to survive. Fighting. A delinquent and a bully, he was a taker and a thief before deciding to take up a sword-arm for his majesty. By then, they were never ready for him. As a simple soldier, his brutal assaults bested even EA officers, and his reputation began to spread as an Imperial Hero. In his promotion to a captain, the man was awarded by the Empress herself. Ever since meeting the woman, Imetri has been totally entranced by her, and happily fights to the death on her command.
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm

@Shadow: Very interesting, but be warned, Witch Hunters don´t leave things unfinished ;) , other than that I see no problem with your CS, welcome aboard, APPROVED!

Waiting now only for Ambrivian and Dominique and then we can take this show on the road. So I´ll go and prepare the opening post while we wait :)

Shadowdusk
Layman
Layman

Postby Shadowdusk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Awesome. Just.. awesome. :]
Arbiter
Machine Elf

Postby Arbiter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:29 pm

If multiple characters are an option what I could see about doing is waiting until some of the other characters have filled out the roster and maybe put a side character who I suppose might help fill out a space left unattended.

If not that though I figured Naberius would have an agent. Someone to act as his hands in the field. An assassin like he once was in his youth.
<center>~Faith is a torment. It is like loving someone who is out there in the darkness but never appears, no matter how loudly you call. ~</center>
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:42 pm

fair enough Arbiter.

Now for my creation:

Name: Jace Scryer
Race: Witch Hunter
Class: Witch Hunter
Where you stand: Empire (for now)
Bio: As the first born of the next generation of Witch Hunters, Jace was always under constant pressure from his surroundings. The elders in his clan idealised him as a new, better and stronger generation and thus also treated him that way. From the day he was able to walk to the day he was finally able to go on his first mission he was trained day and night in the arts of Witch Hunting. His first mission came when he reached "true" adulthood at the age of 19. It was a harsh trial through fire (literally since his oponent was a fire mage). Suffering great injuries Jace somehow managed to win even against the odds thanks to luck and his Witch Hunt ablility called simply "Silencer". It is an ability that cuts the targets connection to the arcane, temporarly making them unable to cast any spells and negating the efects of any in use, however it lasts only a few seconds and takes a lot of time before it can be used again so timimg is beyond vital. After few months of recuperation Jace was sent into the Empires services to work for them while keeping an eye out for any imperial mages that might spark his clans interest. A double agent if you will. Thanks to his skills he quickly climbed the military ladder and was soon assigned as the commanding officer of a special Empire strike force unit. The unit is one of few that answers only to the highest personal in the military. From here Jace continued his observation ever since.

For those without an CS yet. I think of myself as a patient person so take your time thinking things through BUT if someone comes willing to join I will be forced to put a deadline on your CS creation. I know you might have things to do or places to visit but even I can´t/won´t wait forever ^^

Dominique
Hopeless Romantic

Postby Dominique » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm working on my CS right now! Will be up soon, but I only just got home from work. Had to work a double shift cos we were ridiculously understaffed :(
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:04 pm

No worries and no hurries. RL can sometimes be a pain in the lower back so no one can blame you for it. I just mentioned what I did since there are cases wehn ppl say they´ll join etc and after that you´ll never hear from them ever again ^^ So looking forward to your CS and to the start of this RP :D

Impureness
Herald of Khorne

Postby Impureness » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Definitely interested. Will post a CS even if there's not enough room - maybe I could join if someone drops out or be an exception. Should be up in the hour or so.
The bad news is time flies.
The good news is that you're the pilot.
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Well, you might get a chance. I did say I can tolerate 2 more so if you make an impression, why not but as one of the "extra" numbers I´ll be waiting from you a bit more than from others as I mentioned at the top.

Impureness
Herald of Khorne

Postby Impureness » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Name: Pagophilus Kryon / Jonathon Pine
Race: Dragon Disciple
Class: Warrior
Appearance: Pagophilus stands at a mighty 7’2” with a tall slender structure. He is relatively slim with his ribs evidently shown. His hair is ivory white and pulled into a ponytail which falls to the small of his back. His eyes are a deep ocean blue, however he is blind in his left which can be seen by the white pupil. His nose and lips are somewhat thing, and his jaw is stern. He is well-built but is more of an agile figure rather than a muscular one. His fingers end in sharp jagged somewhat draconic nails, and although relatively invisible there are scales upon his body – the most obvious spot is his navel. Pagophilus wears ice blue and white robes whilst in his temple. When dressed as his alias Jonathon Pine, he will usually wear light leather armour with a blue and white sash as a belt. He doesn’t look too draconic as of now, but on closer inspection it can be seen.
Bio: Tundari Kryus is the elder of the Whitewood temple, a notorious anti-empire temple which believes in the protection of the innocent. Pagophilus is very much attatched to his elder and worships the ground she walks on, yet it is very much a platonic relationship of respect rather than affection and love. Pagophilus has lived in the temple for the most part of his life, but is an active member of the Dawn of Era aiming to bring down the empire.

He is a relatively wise man and always has been; quite the intellectual, he would read most of his time and appreciate the finer things the world offered. Whereas most of his fellow dragon disciples would find an affinity in magic, Pagophilus adored swordsmanship. With the use of a sabre, he would train extremely hard to become an expert. Rather than being a brute of a warrior, he uses fine tactic and to some degree speed to combat opponents. At the age of twenty he began to lose sight in his left eye which eventually turned completely blind a couple of years later. Nevertheless, he has been able to become an excellent swordsman despite his depth-perception issues.

Tundari taught Pagophilus the ice breath technique, which can be mustered fairly easily but renders him somewhat tired after prolong use. Sometime after, he started to join the Dawn of Era more actively and when around those of the empire, decided to create an alias of Jonathon Pine. The Whitewood temple was known to be anti-empire, and therefore if anybody was clear of his descent (a surname beginning with “Kry” would give it away) he’d probably be attacked. He dressed lightly and fitted in relatively well in imperial society – only on the closest inspection can his draconic lineage be seen clearly. Now Pagophilus splits his time – for a good two to three months he’ll remain in the temple, mostly during the winter months which are sacred to his temple, and the rest he’ll provide himself for the Dawn of Era.

Also to note - i'll be away from the 19th till the 26th. However, I don't plan to make an active participation with other players till after this, so my posts will probably be self introductory and probably just concern myself and set the scene. After that i'll proper get into it. Hopefully that's ok - if not, I can hang on posting till after the 26th and let someone else fill my position.
The bad news is time flies.

The good news is that you're the pilot.
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Well the good news is, that I like what I see. I encourage people that actively take part in shaping the blank parts of the world I made (ofc. if they don´t over do it ^^)

The bad news is I´m dangerously close to the 8 ppl limit :D I know it might sound tidious but trust me when I say it isn´t. Especially in the long run (which I hope this RP will have :D ).

In other words, Impureness you are APPROVED! but I´ll be having my eye on you ;) And as for the time off you mentioned... I hope to start this in the next 1-2 days depending if all will be ready by then since we still miss some CSs etc. I´m fine with you setting the scen since, it´ll give me a bit of an insight on what you can do, and I think that others will manage somehow even without you for that week, especially since you wont interact with anyone, yet =D

Ambrivian
The Crimson Assassin

Postby Ambrivian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm

[spoiler]Name: Aria Cesare
Race: Elf
Class: Magician
Where you stand: Empire
Appearance:

Bio:

Arian was born into upper nobility, and her life had always been different because of it. Her father, Ralic Cesare, was the sovereign of one of the kingdoms in the empire, but he openly supported the Empress. When she took over, their kingdom became a duchy in the grand empire.

Since birth she had been upper class, servants in every room and even elves hundreds of years older then her treated her with respect. As she became a young woman, her beauty became more radiant. Some say all elves are beautiful but for her it was different. Her golden hair has aura of light, and she can be seen as a beacon of hope on the battlefield.

It was then that she started learning the ways of a warrior. The elf nobles of her father’s court gave her lessons daily, and she became swift and graceful with the use of a thin bladed rapier. Being an elf, she easily learned how to wield a longbow, and often accompanied her father on his hunts.

When she turned thirty, the court magician came to teach Aria the arcane powers. What the magician found amazed him. In just a few short months, she was more proficient at elven magic then he was. It startled the kingdom, and especially her father. But her abilities were masked by another event.

This is when the Empress took over. Ralic supported the Empress, but knew that he would lose some power over his kingdom. He accepted this fact and knew the elves would as well.

When the time came for the Empress to choose a General for her Army, Ralic sent Aria to the imperial palace. The Empress tested her abilities as both a leader and warrior, and became very fond of the young elf. Aria was given the job.
[/spoiler]
<center>Image</center>
Prism
Adept Adventurer
Adept Adventurer

Postby Prism » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 am

@Ambrivian: A very nice char but there are some things in the Bio section I feel I need to correct or point out. Let me explain ... before the Empire there was no Empire ... there were these 5 kingdoms whose name and legacy have been fading for hundreds of years now with less than a handfull of people actually having a clue who and what they were so my first point is Arias father. There is just no way he was there when the Empire was first established, or when he was he is few hundred years older than 137 :D That also brings me to another point. He/His ancestor could have been a sovereign of a large province or what-not in the kingdom that started the whole Empire. There were no other kingdoms than the 5 (since together they formed the world). But since you are the first to use nobility in such a manner I can offer you that the Elven kingdom was one of the main 5 but then there is no way, Arias father/ancestor would support the first Empress since she was out after their blood. Everything else is OK. The kingdom/province can be a duchy in modern days and everything else be tied to the current Empress. I realise it might also be my fault for not stating some of these things right from te start, for that I appologise and thats why I say them now :D So decide which way you want things, do some little Editing and your APPROVED! for the ride ;)

Dominique
Hopeless Romantic

Postby Dominique » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Can I say first and foremost that I'm loving the Disney references in this RP so far? I'm loving all characters in general - time to add my own to it:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Iris "Gwen" Wyville
Race: Tiefling
Class: Rogue

Appearance:
Like most Tieflings, Iris possesses a few unique characteristics that make her stand out from ordinary humans (although she manages to conceal her features for the largest part). It's her blessing that her eyes are not the eerie yellow or silver of her parents but a pale, but strangely intense green that appear to glint in total darkness. Her appearance is strangely contradictory to her race - if anything, at first sight you'd think her innocent, naive even and although easy on the eyes she's not someone you'd remember more than the three seconds you'd recall the face of any passer-by on the street. This is partially due to her self-taught demeanour; a Tiefling rogue knows better than to stand out, and so she ensures that the features that set her apart from ordinary humans go unnoticed. Her gaze is usually cast down to avoid people noticing the intense colour of her eyes. Her Tiefling assets are difficult to discern but they're definitely there. Her spine, for instance, is more sharply defined, and more pointy to the touch. Of course, that is easily hidden with the right kind of clothing. She used to possess horns, modest ones mind you, but in her time working for the DoE she had them removed (something that is not by far as simple or quickly done as it sounds).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Biography:
Iris' life started out as ordinary as a Tiefling's life can be. Living in an insignificant house near an insignificant town on the border of a pretty insignificant forest, she grew up as one of three children to hard-working parents; peasants with a modest amount of land. They weren't wealthy but they weren't too poor to keep their family clothed and bathed. Nor Iris, nor her siblings enjoyed more than basic education, but at least they knew to read and write. Their knowledge of plants, trees and most forest animals, however, is excellent. The family kept to themselves most of the time and had little contact with the other villagers; with good reason, Iris' parents shielded their offspring from the rest of the world as much as possible. But when Iris reached teen-hood, keeping her from exploring the village became more and more impossible. Curious as she was, the girl would often sneak out of the house at night and head out into town. One such occasion she got bold -too bold- and joined a festive crowd with nothing but a hood to cover her head. Of course she was found out, and one look at her horns got half the town mocking, shouting and in anger over her hiding amongst humans. In tears she returned home, where a furious father locked her in her room for disobeying her parents. Overcome by emotions she escaped -of course she escaped- and fled the town altogether, never to return.

Thief, monster, criminal, the townsfolk had called her, and from then on a thief she became, obtaining food and clothing and even shelter in less than admirable ways. Iris found that wherever she went, people would distrust and often shun her, and the longer she was out on her own, the more Iris began to confirm that prejudiced image the world had of Tieflings, and in the end she avoided people altogether.

But despite her talent for going unnoticed and obtaining what she needed when the world was asleep, it was only a matter of time before the still somewhat naive teenager got caught. It was her luck that the owner of the establishment she had craftily gained entry to did not instantly hand her to the authorities. Instead, he made her an offer, and the girl, terrified to spend the rest of her barely started life in prison, accepted before even very well knowing what the exact terms of the deal would be.

The man introduced her to the Dawn of Era, although it was a long time before she knew it as such. Iris met others like her, Tieflings but also humans and elves, quick and agile, and talented at the things she had been doing for the past months. But unlike Iris, these people didn't use their gifts to steal and scam.

Over the course of several years they taught her many things, and by the time she turned twenty, Iris was a skilled rogue and spy ready to do some real work. The innocent child she had been when she first joined the group was still visible in her appearance, but on the inside she had undergone a vast transformation; every word she spoke had a hidden meaning, for every move she made she had planned ahead two more. Every room she was in Iris knew to instantly find possible escape routes and where to expect an ambush or a trap. She was ready. Except for one thing.

It's probably important to mention that the Dawn of Era never forced her to remove her horns - the most significant point of recognition. As a Tiefling, she instantly stood out more in a crowd than an ordinary human would, which bothered Iris greatly, as she didn't want to spend the rest of life as a spy doing nothing but night time scouting missions. Although the procedure was horribly painful, having her recover for weeks from it, and left her with scars above her temples (they are cleverly concealed under her long, full hair) she'll pass for any other human at first glance.

A few assignments followed, and Iris found that acting was another undiscovered talent of hers. She's gone undercover more than one since, and at the time of the story, has been on an assignment for well over a year. Living under the roof of an elderly aristocrat as Gwen, a quiet young servant, she is closer to the empress and those that surround her than ever before.

Baroness de Courtenay is a lovely lady. Never married, she's fortunate enough to inherit land, funds and titles from her parents as a single child. Although once a strong woman, she is growing old and it's showing. Enter Iris, an innocent young woman who arrived at the estate looking for work. Starting as a chambermaid she has managed to gain the trust of the baroness and has by now become her confidante -the old woman is one of the very, very few to be aware that 'Gwen' isn't human, a secret that, once revealed, only added to the unconditional faith the baroness has in her servant - , accompanying her on her many trips to the royal court. Madame de Courtenay has many friends amongst the high aristocracy and even counts the Empress as one of the many people she is close to. In fact, she spends more time visiting than she does at her own estate so she can socialize with those she knows, and often stays there where the highest nobles live.
And old ladies sleep early, leaving long nights for Iris to find out what happens within the confines of the royal palace.

Return to “OOC”